Droid Ringtone Question
Morbius

I am currently in the market to upgrade my phone, and I am looking at the new Droid line.  My biggest question is concerning ringtones.  With our current Verizon phones, we are strictly limited to ringtones that either come with the phones, or those which we have to purchase from Verizon.  I would like to be able to upload a song(s) from my computer hard drive, in order to personalize ringtones for individual contacts.  Do the Droid or Droid Eris phones allow you to create your own ringtones in this manner, or would I continue to be limited to offerings from the Verizon store? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Ringtone Question
M_R_L
Contributor - Level 1

If you search this forum for ringtones you will find a ton of information about such.

I downloaded mp3 files from zedge.com to my PC, listened to them several times and then uploaded the ones I wanted to the Droid. I then set the ringtones. You can roll your own mp3 files if you like.

There is so much available (or you can roll your own) that you will never have to pay for a ringtone ever again!  My primary ringtone is from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

0 Likes
jheezy

I just activated my Droid today as it was a new xmas gift. I know nothing about it and I bought 5 ring tones from the verizon site and it went to my phone via a text message. Do you know how to move them to the ring tone section in order to be able to use them. Also, I have tons of music on my computer that I would rather use. How can I transfer the songs from my itunes to my phone. I thank you in advance and also, I am not computer savvy. I suppose this phone is not for me at the moment and I need to learn how to use it. THanks again.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

jheezy wrote:

I just activated my Droid today as it was a new xmas gift. I know nothing about it and I bought 5 ring tones from the verizon site and it went to my phone via a text message. Do you know how to move them to the ring tone section in order to be able to use them. Also, I have tons of music on my computer that I would rather use. How can I transfer the songs from my itunes to my phone. I thank you in advance and also, I am not computer savvy. I suppose this phone is not for me at the moment and I need to learn how to use it. THanks again.

on your text message, press and hold the file name on the text (i believe, or at least somewhere on the text) a dialogue box will appear that will ask you if you want to save or use.

for itunes songs you want to download the software double twist to your computer, it will convert the itunes to a format that the droid will play.  i believe that itunes are DRM'ed, so this software will convert them.

if you connect your usb cable from your droid to your pc, you will hear "droid".  at the top of the screen is the notification bar, drag that down, there will be a section that says "usb connected" click it and then click "mount".  wait 5 seconds and then your droid will be connected to your pc.

through your windows explorer (or widows media player) you can transfer your songs.  when you are finished, drag down the notification bar again and select "turn off usb storage". then click "turn off" wait 5 seconds and then disconnect your usb cable.

0 Likes
jheezy

Thank you so very much for answering my questions. I appreciate your help. 

0 Likes