Droid Razr M stuck on red eye.
Emmah_01

So my phone just randomly decided to restart and now its been stuck on the red eye animation for an hour. I tried a soft reset (holding down the power and volume down button) and all that did was restart it. Suggestions to get it working again? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr M stuck on red eye.
tbo27
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-63967/

Alt for let it die down first. This will delete internal storage but will get you out of boot loop

0 Likes
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also stuck on the red eye of death...I've cleared the cache and factory defaulted, but still can't get past the red eye.  Any ideas on how to clear if those don't work?  Is letting the battery die part of the solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
ldeans46

I'm reluctantly joining the Droid Razr M users with a phone stuck on the reboot red eye.  My local Casa Grande, AZ store was of no help other than trying to sell me a $400 replacement.  I'm 6 months from upgrade and of coarse being a 11 year loyal customer was of no consideration.  Maybe Sprint will help me!  Any suggestion?

0 Likes
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

ldeans46, the VZ folks here were slightly more helpful.  They determined from the debug screen that the OS had pretty much hosed.  The solution was to re-flash the phone...not that they could help me with that, but had nothing to loose like you (buy a new phone or have nothing).  Was able to re-flash and get it happy again.

0 Likes
ldeans46

Thanks for the reply. How do you re-flash the phone?

ldeans46

0 Likes
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll find the tools I used.  Mostly googling...

0 Likes
ldeans46

Thanks, I’m not sure which to try.

ldeans46

0 Likes
tubanerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used House of Moto [3.2] - SamuriHL's House Of Moto - DroidRzr.com   I tried the graphical ones first but couldn't get any of them to talk to the phone properly.

0 Likes