Droid Razr M not working with Verizon tones app or media store.
JediAlly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Razr M and all software and such are updated where they need to be.  Recently I tried to use the Verizon Tones app to download a ringtone and got an error message that it was having trouble connecting, I was connected to my wifi.  Then I also tried to purchase from Verizon's website and got another error message stating that the media store doesn't support online media for my device.  I've also tried the Verizon media store app with same results.    I did do an online chat with a tech person on here but forgot to give info to them for them to contact me on this issue once they sent it to their site engineers.   anyone else have this issue? 

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Razr M not working with Verizon tones app or media store.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JediAlly,

Let's get to the bottom of this and get you back to enjoying your tones! Are you trying to download ringtones only? This can be done directly on My Verizon, through Media Store. Simply, select the tone you want and purchase, you will receive a message with the link to download it and save to the phone. Was the app you're using pre-installed in the phone?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

JediAlly
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, I was trying to use the verizon tones app on my phone with it connected to wifi, and I get an error message of "error code 1001 we're having trouble connecting. make sure you have a good signal and try again."   then trying to use the verizon media store app I get another error message that says "we're sorry, your phone model does not support purchasing this type of media online. please go to the get it now or media center menu on your phone to purchase"     then trying to purchase a ringtone off of the verizon.com media shop I get this message:   The Media Store does not currently support delivery of ringtones to your device due to incompatibility with the device's multimedia messaging client, but you may be able to purchase ringtones directly from your device using the Verizon Tones app. For Basic and Feature phones go to GIN or Media Center. For Android devices, Verizon Tones app may be preloaded on your device or found by searching "Verizon Tones" in Google Play. For Blackberry devices the Verizon Tones app is available in the App World.  Verizon Tones currently is not available on iPhones or Windows Mobile Devices.

I have done an online chat with a Verizon tech named Thornton who told me he would push this issue to the engineers. My phone's software is all up to date and until recently I've been able to download ringtones from the verizon tones app or off the verizon.com website.   Not sure why all of a sudden I'm seeing this.  

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all those extra details, JediAlly. It sounds as if you took the best path forward chatting with Thornton. With a ticket opened, our engineers have the best opportunity to discover the cause and find a resolution. Those tickets do generally take about 5 business days, and could be longer depending on what the investigation turns up. Usually you'll be contacted by the representative who opens the ticket once it's resolved. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

B33
Legend

At anytime of trying to do what your attempting have you shut down your phone, Ran it through a Power cycle or Cleared the Cache in the Google PlayStore if you haven't try ones of these.. Even running a Uninstall of the Store might help ya out.. Give one a try..

0 Likes
JediAlly
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes I turned my phone off and back on again, did an uninstall/reinstall of the shop app.  but when there are error messages for both apps as well as on the actual website, there is a bigger issue. 

0 Likes
JediAlly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I didn't give the tech contact info so not sure what is needed to let me know about what is going on.  

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like it, I'd try what JenniferH suggested have a Tech open a Ticket and see what happens from there..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand JediAlly. Noticiation will be sent to your wireless number. If further information is required from you, our Network Engineers will attempt to reach you on your mobile number.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JediAlly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the kitkat software update today and now my Verizon Tones app works and I was able to test it and download a ringtone.   Will have to see if I can do the same off the verizon website now but seems to work with that update.

0 Likes