Droid Razr M SD Card Damaged?
kjm4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have owned my Razr M for (almost) a year, and within the last month I kept getting notifications saying my SD card has been "unmounted", when I have not touched the SD card. Within the last week, I am now getting an icon that says my SD card is damaged and needs reformatting. I also noticed that one of my camera folders is missing all the photos.

When I tap on the SD card error notification, it says all the data on my SD card will be deleted if I reformat. Is there any way I can retrieve these "missing" photos (approx. 190 of them) without having to delete everything on my card?

I have already powered the phone down, and removed the SD card and reinserted. I also went through a recent system update, not sure if this has anything to do with it?

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Razr M SD Card Damaged?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I greatly appreciate you proividing us the opportunity to assist you, KJM4. I understand how important many of the photos are that are on the device. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer that you may transfer photos to? http://vz.to/UceQoP

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
steph2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same happened with my Droid Razor. Shows that the files are there but images won't show up. I had almost 2 years of memories and now they're gone. I've tried putting the sd card in my wireless printer and comes up sd card damaged and the same thing showed up on my droid razor and I didn't even do anything to the card. What the heck happened?!

kjm4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes! steph2000...that's exactly what mine says. I've tried connecting to a computer to save any of those images to my computer, but they aren't showing up. Sad thing is they are pictures from when my son was first born, almost two years ago...here's hoping that my husband has some of those pictures on his phone

0 Likes
johnminvt

I've had my RAZR M for a year and a half and I recently started receiving the same message as well as one that said that the SD card is blank. I took it out and put it into a card reader on my computer and everything is still there. I put the SD card into a different phone and it ended up giving me the same message. I've transferred everything to another SD card which is in the phone now. We'll have to wait and see if there are any issues with the new card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjm4,

I am so sorry to hear about the images from your son's birth being lost. I definitely understand how precious those images are. If you place the SD card into another device does it provide you with the same error message? If you go to Settings>Storage>Scroll down to SD card how much does it show for storage and available?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
kjm4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there -

When i go to Settings>Storage> and scroll to the SD card, it doesn't show

how much storage is available and doesn't allow me to click on anything to

check. The only options it gives me are "Mount SD Card", "Erase SD card".

Should I take my phone into a Verizon store to have them take a look at

what the issue is? Thanks for your help.

Kelsey

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, Kelsey!

No need to take your device into a store.  We're here to help.  Have you tried what "johnminvt" suggested, by inserting your SD card into a card reader to save a copy of your media to your computer?  Let's try that first, then we can reinsert the card back into your RAZR M and format it.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes