Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
stef7
Master - Level 2

It is not bull. The charge / discharge model for the battery is developed over the period of a few charge cycles. After performing an Update or FDR, this information isn't accurate.

0 Likes
wb4zit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ran my battery down to 1% and recharged for 12 hours after the update. Right now my Circles battery widget says it has been running for 3 days, 18 hours, and 27 minutes on this charge and I still have 20% battery left. I turn my phone off at night about 11 PM and back on about 7 AM and I have been on this charge for 5 days.

0 Likes
cbetts
Enthusiast - Level 1

stef7
Looks like the power is getting better.  The wife has been playing Candy Crush a lot more, especially when the factory reset clobbered her save data and she had to start over. The bluetooth/wifi issue is really bugging me though.  I have a bluetooth device to link the phone at home into my wired phone line.  I like to have the wifi on at this point to allow the phone to get updates at the same time.

I guess I will patiently wait for the update to happen.  I am so glad my Droid 4 will not be getting updated to KK.  It has been running solid with JB.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

...sweet...

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
NickIzk
Enthusiast - Level 2

"for the life of me I can't figure out how to kill the update notifications on my replacement razr m that came with JB"

Get Titanium Backup and freeze the "Updater 4.1.2-77" app.  No more notifications.

steve_o
Enthusiast - Level 3

This KitKat update on my Razr M is like a virus.  Smiley Sad 

On a phone call (3g & 4g) it gets uncomfortably hot, and the phone restarted during a phone call yesterday.  Including that one, it's the 4th random reboot in the last week.  Sometimes it happens while the phone is in use, other times it's sitting idle & just restarts with no input or action from me. 

Verizon is sending a replacement SIM card to see if that will fix the heat issue, but I have little confidence it will resolve anything.  After that, I have no other choice than to do a reset on it, which from what I have read elsewhere has done nothing to resolve any of the reported OS issues. 

Someone please tell me how this OS release could have possibly passed any QA testing Verizon did before deploying it? 

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Razr M: KitKat update problems
ozarkmiss
Enthusiast - Level 3

sincerely appreciate @NickIzk.    Finally got a fix thanks to you.

0 Likes
birthsuit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is as if Verizon purposely made these dumb problems happen with the update to FORCE us to buy newer phones! And every time I ignored to do the update, the update reminder would pop back up again after like every hour or so, forcing me to do the update. And I kept hesitating it cause I didn't want problems... and man, I should have listened to my instincts!

1. Text Message Issues:
- This new black and white theme sucks.

- The Return key (aka Enter key) was removed from the keyboard. Like WTH! I use this key to organize stuff when I text people, depending on what I'm texting.

- Now I can't select multiple texts in a thread to delete. I have to delete one text in a thread at a time.

- No longer shows the time a text was sent or received on the previous days. Only shows on the current day.

(They should have just left the text message app alone. These are just dumb little tedious problems that I have to deal with on a daily basis NOW)

2. Battery power drain

4.  The overall phone is slower now.

5.  The vibration options sound like they have a sore throat now, and are short.

6. When I'm on a call, I have to always press "Return to Call in Progress" when I switch between windows. Annoying.

In general, this wasn't an update problem... but for the calls in Recent tab, It should state the actually day and date the call came in or out, and not show it as "2 days ago, 3 days ago, 4 days ago" cause now I have to waste seconds of my life to actually count in my head what day and date it was. Showing "x hours ago" (within 24 hours) and "Yesterday, time" is fine.

~Diana

steve_o
Enthusiast - Level 3

birthsuit - I agree with your assessment completely. 

Yesterday, they sent me a new SIM card (which took me about 2 hours to have it activate on the network).  Made no difference at all.  One of my complaints was that it heated up pretty bad.  The new SIM card would likely fix whatever authentication/network issue I was having that caused it.  It even runs a couple degrees hotter than the old SIM card did. Two 15 minute calls in 3g & 4g range just took 20% off my battery.

Not only did this update do the things you mention, it also did away what apps like FoxFi did.  And, you can't go back to a prior update. 

You're right about the update forcing subscribers to buy newer phones.  You aren't really given a choice to update or not.  Nor do they tell you what DOESN'T work in it, never mind how you might have been using it before.  It's sort of like being made to walk the plank.  It sure has turned my phone (which I was relatively happy with) into a piece of junk. 

droidrazrmaxxhd
Contributor - Level 1

I coulda told you SIM card swap would accomplish zip...  But hey it's on

the  (removed)  script..

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes