Droid Razr M Battery after KitKat Update
aadegonzalez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently updated my Droid Razr M with the KitKat update when prompted.  Battery life went from not needing to be charged for well over a day, to draining from 100% before the work day ended with light use. 

I contacted Verizon and humored them and did the "battery trouble shooting" things with them, even though it appears to be a well known issue.  When the troubleshooting had no effect after a few days, we did a factory reset, which also didn't help.  I ended up getting a new phone because I had extended warranty coverage. 

When I got the new phone, the battery was a dream, just like old times, after 2 days the system prompted me to do the KitKat update, which I did against my better judgement. 

Meanwhile my husband also did the KitKat update on his Droid Razr M and started experiencing virtually the same battery problems.  Now both of our batteries drain about 50% faster than they did before the update. 

My question is, if this is a known issue with Verizon, why bother treating it like user error?  It also seems like to "resolve the battery problem" (which they don't acknowledge is a direct product of the update) they ask users to basically not use their phone normally, but limit their usage to get more battery life, which isn't a solution at all. Is there an actual solution related the the problem (the KitKat update) that I can use to extend battery life on my phone?  Or should we both call and request replacement phones since the malfunction is not due to any sort of user error?

Labels (1)