Droid RazR Maxx - pop email not working (with Comcast)
durginpark

On 10/14/2014 my phone starting giving me a message "couldn't sign in" message saying username or password invalid. However, I have used the same username/password via the web and other email clients, so that is NOT the problem. I've searched and searched but have not found anything. I called Comcast and they said they could reset my password, which obviously isn't the problem, and if that didn't work to call Verizon. I've completely removed the email account and tried to setup again and now it gives me the same message during the incoming setup process.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? It's been 2.5 days and no luck resolving despite many attempts.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid RazR Maxx - pop email not working (with Comcast)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

durginpark,

Oh no! Sorry that your Comcast email isn't working. I had to do some research on this one myself. As an Android user, and someone who knows a decent amount about this type of stuff, I was stumped. So I reached out to Comcast myself as well. They advised to use the Xfinity App that is available in Google Playstore and sign in with the App to receive all the Emails going forward. This is also listed as an option in Xfinity Website Support Page. Were you previously just using the email app that came with the phone? Try the Xfinty App and see if that works.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid RazR Maxx - pop email not working (with Comcast)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

durginpark,

Oh no! Sorry that your Comcast email isn't working. I had to do some research on this one myself. As an Android user, and someone who knows a decent amount about this type of stuff, I was stumped. So I reached out to Comcast myself as well. They advised to use the Xfinity App that is available in Google Playstore and sign in with the App to receive all the Emails going forward. This is also listed as an option in Xfinity Website Support Page. Were you previously just using the email app that came with the phone? Try the Xfinty App and see if that works.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes