Droid RAZR not restarting after factory reset
ejackson18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I just switched from my old Droid 4 to my sister's old Droid RAZR, which she had no problems with when she last used it. After switching my number over and such, I decided to do a factory reset to wipe off all her information. However, now it won't restart and it's been over an hour since I did the factory reset. It just sits at the eye-looking page and doesn't go any further. Any suggestions on what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid RAZR not restarting after factory reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ejackson18,

I'm sorry to hear that your reset is stuck. I definitely want to get the phone working for you again! Are you able to try the Alternate Methode instead?

Keep us posted!
RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you made sure that the battery life was charged full before factory resetting the phone and when you are attempting to turn it on again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ejackson18
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Alternate Method has the exact same result, sadly. I even tried using that same system menu to just restart it normally and it does the same thing.

0 Likes
ejackson18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it was fully recharged when I began the reset. It may not be now, but I found a way to turn it off completely. I'm not sure if it recharges when I plug it in while it's stuck.

0 Likes