Droid RAZR M slow response performance
youzer

After a year of owning this phone, I've noticed the UI response performance has degraded significantly.  I've done a factory reset and this alleviated the problem briefly, but the problem resurfaced about a week later.

I know it has nothing to do with the Apps installed since I deleted all installed apps on the phone prior to performing the factory reset and left it that way until it started hanging during UI interactions.

Has anybody else experienced the same performance degradation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid RAZR M slow response performance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see how we can get your phone running smoothly, youzer. I appreciate you trying the reset! Did you notice this slowness start after a specific update or change was made to the phone? Do you notice it begin to slow after accessing anything in particular?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
youzer

The slow UI performance seems to be somewhat random.  I installed OS Monitor to provide some insight into what is actually hogging CPU cycles and I notice kswapd0 is a big eater of CPU resources when I experience the slow-down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

youzer A delay in the device can be annoying. Have you checked the stoage on the device? How much available space is there? Also, have you tried the device in safe mode?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
youzer

Here is a screenshot indicating my current internal storage:

Screenshot_2014-05-19-11-19-15.png

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Try a Cache wipe first. Then look at your running applications such as My Verizon, Backup Assistant, Verizon Cloud, Google Cloud etc... All of these do background updates and syncs which will slow down the rest of the phone. Facebook will as well. Make sure any of these that are not used are disabled

0 Likes
youzer

Also, the battery usage has been getting increasingly high for Wi-Fi, so I turned it off yesterday.  Even though it has been off since charging to 100%, the WiFi has expended 17% of the total used:

Screenshot_2014-05-19-12-47-33.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I noticed that you have 4G LTE active in the screenshot. Do you keep wifi on even when you aren't connected a wifi router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
youzer

WiFi is currently turned off.  I have had it off all day. It now indicates that 19% of battery usage has been devoted to WiFi even when turned off.

0 Likes