Droid Pro Cycling On and Off
grafton112

My brand new Droid Pro keeps going on and off.  Bought it yesterday, can't get it to stop.  Suggestions please before I return to store?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Pro Cycling On and Off
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

A soft reset is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a soft reset will not affect data on the device, unless the battery is very low.

1. Press and hold the Power button.

2. Select Power off.

3. Press and hold the Power button to power on the device
0 Likes
Jay53

Take it back and exchange it. This is an issue with the Droid Pro. Some are worse than others. Mine does this about once a week, but others have had this happen several times a day. Every Verizon employee I have talked to insists it's either an app you installed that is doing it, or just a reset that will fix it. Neither are true, as people (including me) have had the problem even after totally resetting the phont to factory default with no additional apps installed. When I called them after owning the phone for a week, they said they would need to prove in the store that it was an issue before exchanging it for me. I said, how can anyone prove this if it happens only about once a week. He said "sorry, that's the best I can do." I should have insisted they take it back!

0 Likes
av8rx413

This has been happening to me ONLY since Verizon pushed 4.7.3. It starts to spontaneously reset itself for minutes at a time. At first I had a friend pull the battery and press the start button to dump any electrical charge in the phone. It worked for about 18 hrs, then started up again. Never happened before I had the new software upgrade.

0 Likes
av8rx413

I tried all the above: Soft reset did nothing. Hard reset did nothing. Tech support had me go back into the phone and do a factory original reset. I have to take it in and get a new phone but at least I am no longer being harassed by on and off recycling. I did lose some data but not all of it. Fortunately I have my old Blackberry to retrieve telephone numbers. Thanks for everyone's efforts to help.

0 Likes