Droid Phones
bosborne

I am looking to upgrade my standard enhanced phone to the Android Op System.  I just would;d like to use it as a Mini net book or something to that  effect.  Store contact, appointments, calendars, things of that nature.  Does the Android offer like the Magellan Personal GPS like if your hunting or fishing and wanna mark a spot.  Would be nice.  Don't really wanna spend money on 3 different products (camera, GPS, and a PDA and possibly HOPEFULLY easier reading of my email and web.

Any Ideas?  I was leaning toward the Droid Incredible, because of the better camera for starters..

Thanx

B.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Phones
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

There are countless GPS applications available for all sorts of things. Not one specifically from Magellan that I'm aware of. But lots that will give you your GPS location, tracking and ways to manipulate your GPS data.

Keep in mind that with these devices it is not true GPS. It is assisted GPS so you will still need to get some type of cell signal for this to work, I say that because if you're out fishing and hunting in remote areas and you don't get any cell signal then your phone's GPS is useless.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

bosborne wrote:

I am looking to upgrade my standard enhanced phone to the Android Op System.  I just would;d like to use it as a Mini net book or something to that  effect.  Store contact, appointments, calendars, things of that nature.  Does the Android offer like the Magellan Personal GPS like if your hunting or fishing and wanna mark a spot.  Would be nice.  Don't really wanna spend money on 3 different products (camera, GPS, and a PDA and possibly HOPEFULLY easier reading of my email and web.

Any Ideas?  I was leaning toward the Droid Incredible, because of the better camera for starters..

Thanx

B.

I did a search in the market for "GPS hunting" and didn't find anything of what you are wanting. However there some GPS apps available in the market. There is a free app called CardioTrainer. It can record your path for outdoors. You can look on the map to retrace your steps.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the incredible comes with footprints pre loaded. i haven't played around with it, but it looks like it's primary purpose is to mark and tag specific locations to save or even share with others. you may want to research it a bit to see how accurate/specific it gets.

0 Likes