Droid Maxx- texting and app issues
anastassia_jm
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid Maxx has been giving me hell lately. I haven't received texts in over a month now, even though my inbox is empty and I have full bars. I receive calls just fine. I get random notifications that certain apps aren't working, like messaging and windows live.

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Maxx- texting and app issues
soprano43402
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too! I've read other threads about the app settings and done all of those steps AND been to the Verizon store twice. Their only suggestion is a factory reset, which is a load of garbage because then I lose all my personalized materials like pics and game play. Not really a valid option.

This is CLEARLY WIDE SPREAD!!! Fix this and give customers (a very generous) credit for the greatly reduced functionality that we've been dealing with for nearly a month for our phones/services.

0 Likes
drosefw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I first noticed this issue last Friday, it has been occurring consistently since then. I can send text messages, however I can not receive. Several people have sent messages that never arrive. I have had the phone for on about 3 months. Love this phone, until this issue. Like other posts, I have cleared cache, etc. Tried the Verizon Messaging App and even deleted all of my texting history. I am still getting the pop up. Spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with Verizon level two support on Saturday, still no fix. Clearly, others are experiencing the same problem. Where does Verizon\

Motorola stand on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't like to see you having such a hard time with your awesome phone, anastassia_jm. We'll get it working well again. Did this trouble start shortly after installing an application or update? Are you seeing the notification that an app isn't working shortly after trying to access it or anything in particular? Are you able to send text messages?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking time to try so many things to resolve your phone troubles, soprano43402. What steps are you referring to that you've already taken from other threads?  Please fill me in on a bit more detail on your specific phone troubles so we can make sure to work with your phone's manufacturer to find a resolution as quickly as possible.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to be able to receive messages drosefw. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry you spent so much time attempting to resolve this. What troubleshooting steps were you able to accomplish when you spoke with us by phone? Is this happening with every message? Have you tried clearing your message threads and tested with both individual and group messaging? Tried any other apps besides Verizon Messaging and the default app?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes