Droid Maxx text messenging problems
AJTandBAM

I have a droid maxx.  About a month ago, my phone, and my husband's Moto X, and my son's Droid Mini, all had problems with the native text messenger program shutting down repeatedly.  A friend at work had same sudden problem at same timeframe.  I called Verizon support and they said there were no known issues with messenger (contrary to all the problems people report here).  We all changed to the verizon messenger app, which is OK, but I like the interface with the native app better.  However, today, I started getting an old text from my son (with picture attached) about every minute on the messenger app - I have gotten the message probably over 100 times.  I finally switched back to the native messenger, and of course it started shutting down immediately.  I powered my phone off and back on, cleared the cache of the messenger app, uninstalled an reinstalled the messenger app, and even did a hard reset on my phone - no improvement.  My son does not see the messeges as having been sent from his end, which makes me suspect the problem is all on my end.  He is clearing the caches though to see if it helps.  Does anyone have a solution, or know of another messenging app that might work for my phone? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx text messenging problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I'm sorry you're having issues with the messaging application AJTandBam. I know its frustrating because most customer use text as a favorable way to communicate. Thanks for trying all those trouble-shooting steps. We may need to replace your device. You can contact  us her via private message, at a corporate store location for a hands on evaluation or by phone at 1-800-922-0204.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx text messenging problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to see how much trouble you've had with your Droid Maxx, RyanOwsh. Although we don't manufacture the phones, it's important to us that you have a great phone in hands. We work as quickly as possible with manufacturers like Motorola and Google (the Android developer) to get updates fast for resolution. In fact, there was an update released just last week to resolve issues with battery life and the messaging application! Please visit http://vz.to/1sBJt54 for steps on how to update your device to the latest software if you haven't already gotten a notification in the past few days. It takes a while to get to each device, but there are steps at that link on how to manually request the update too. Please let us know if the update helps.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes