Droid Maxx signing out of Google when on edge of coverage
jhuntington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I often spend a few hours of my work day in a basement lab which sits right on the edge of Verizon coverage.  So sometimes my phone gets 3G, sometimes 1X, sometimes nothing. 

I recently upgraded from an old Droid Razr Maxx to a Droid Maxx, and this new phone will sign me out of Google, twitter, etc if I stay in the basement more than an hour or so.  The old phone never did this.  It's really irritating since I use Google's Two-Factor Authentication app on the phone, so I have to sign in, then it rejects that and forces me to go to the web, then it asks for my Two-Factor code, which I have to get from the app on the phone.  It did this twice to me just yesterday and it's driving me crazy.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx signing out of Google when on edge of coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you connected jhuntington! I know that it can be very frustrating when the signal continues to drop, but rest assure we'll do everything we can to help! As you eluded to, the signal within the basement can vary due to the location and material of the house interferring with the connection. However I would recommend removing/inserting the sim http://vz.to/1ekGeda to reset the connection. How is the service outside of the basement?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jhuntington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uh, are you a bot or a person?  Did you read my message?  I'm not complaining about the coverage, I'm complaining about my phone signing me out of google (and also twitter).  Are you saying to remove/replace the SIM every time I go into the basement?  Or when it signs me out? I'm baffled by your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify jhuntington! You can remove/insert your sim before you go into the basement or while you are in the basement. Have you tried disabling the Two-Factor Authentication (remove Google Authenticator application as well) and enabling the setup again? If not, please test and share. Are you using the Twitter application or web? If so, I suggest uninstalling the application and re-installing as well. Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes