Droid Maxx and Visual Voicemail issue
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently upgraded my Droid Maxx to Android 4.4.4. Ever since I have had to reinstall visual voicemail about every time I get a voice mail. What is causing this issue? It's rather annoying.

Al

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx and Visual Voicemail issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi asardaro!

Let's see what's causing the problem! Please clarify, are you looking to use Visual Voicemail or standard voicemail?

Thanks,
AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using visual voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you Al!

Let's get your visual voicemail to working properly.

Let's clear the cache partition. Here are the steps http://bit.ly/1oVhs6r

You can also try removing the SIM card for a few minutes, insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persist so we can further troubleshoot.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just cleared the cashe partition and all appears to be working. I will keep an eye on it for the next day or two and let you know if I have an issue.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearing the cache partition did not work. Whenever I get a voicemail I still need to reinstall the voicemail app. I have a Droid Maxx, there is no removable SIMM card.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may be confusing an SD card with the SIM card ... the Droid Maxx doesn't support SD cards, but it requires a SIM card to access the VzW network; here's how to remove it:

Remove the SIM Card - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola

0 Likes
asardaro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found and Removed the SIM card. I did not know the volume buttons hid a tray. I let it out for about 3 or 4 minutes and replaced it. This morning I needed to reinstall the visual voicemail app again.

Thanks,

Al

0 Likes