Droid Maxx, NEW...Contacts will not back up!!
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Maxx, NEW...Contacts will not back up to cloud app. nor will it back up to backup assistance. I have tried for two days. Says synced but says there is no contact on device. I have like 400 contacts. WTH??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx, NEW...Contacts will not back up!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They'll backup to one or the other not both.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the contacts saved as Google contacts instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to use google to get them. My last phone would never back them up either. I want this one to back them up as well as google. I cant find any other way of saving them.

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can back them up to google just fine but they will not back up to verizon cloud or the backup assistance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They'll backup to one or the other not both.

bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

What if I manually put them in backup assistance on verizon website? Will that work? And if I do will it show them twice on my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bigdr78,

Lets make sure your contacts are safe and sound. Ann154 is correct - they will not back up to both, but the work-around you're thinking of should do the trick!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will it show doubles in my contacts if I manually enter them online? If so I dont want to!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have them in both Backup Assistant and Google, you will have duplicate contacts.

bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help. It's a shame nobody at Verizon near me could tell me this, and they are a corporate location/office! All they wanted to do was master reset my phone and try it from the beginning.

0 Likes