Droid Maxx Lollipop?
Tyrune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon!

Lollipop has been out for nearly a year. (November 3, 2014 for code, Dec 19 for OTA updates on Nexus devices)

Marshmallow is almost out. (Developer preview available in August this year)

Motorola currently (still) claims the Maxx will be updated to Lollipop, pending partner support...so...where's the support?

DROID MAXX

This device will be upgraded to the Android 5 Lollipop release of Android, pending partner support.

Many of us who purchased the Maxx, Mini and Ultra from you, did so in part due to the promise that it would be kept up to date.

So, can you get with the program? And maybe follow through on this; you still sell these phones as new today - so, maintain them.

Please, I don't want to hear from any non-Verizon members pointing out what their answer will probably be, let's let someone at Verizon to answer this.

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Maxx Lollipop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tyrune, I can understand your concern about having the latest and greatest software update for your device. At this time, we have no details of when an update will be pushed out from the manufacture. You can always stay up to date with the latest software releases by following this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ or by going to our news center: http://www.verizonwireless.com/news.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tyrune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Typical non-answer response.

I want to be sympathetic to the thought that you don't have any more information than we do - but seriously, it's *impossible* for us lowly consumers, who pay you billions of dollars a year to get seemingly *any* information out of you.

We, as consumers, should start responding this away about paying our bill.

"At this time, we have no details of when a payment will be sent to you.  You can always stay up to date with the latest payment postings by checking the payment status page"

Clearly, that is not acceptable behavior, and childish from our side of our relationship - VZW should try to put themselves in the customer's shoes a bit more, and not treat us like idiots who are going to be pacified by information on a page like the one you linked.

Have you read that page? It's *almost* as useless and non-informative as your response itself.

Seriously, look at the Lollipop specific page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/android-os-lollipop/

Release Date: November 12, 2014
Note: Lollipop version isn't currently available on all devices.

Lollipop (Android™ 5.0 release) brings a bright, colorful overhaul to the look and feel of the platform. Through a design language called Material Design, the user interface now follows a series of physics and rules for the way things look, act and relate to each other. Lollipop also adds notification access from the lock screen, improved performance and optimized battery settings.

The steps to find the current OS version vary by device. Below are general instructions that work for most Android devices. For detailed instructions about a specific device, please check the device's user guide.

To check your current Android OS version:

1. Open your device's settings.
  2. Tap the About Phone or About Device option.
  3. Tap Android Version to display your version information.

You've successfully found your version information.

Wow, thanks - okay, so I checked my version - and I see that I don't have Lollipop, neat, oh, and I see from the page that it was released 10 months ago; also neat...so, back to the original question - WHERE IS IT?

The manufacturer says it's in your hands, and all you say is it was released in November...

***NOT ANSWERED***

0 Likes
TragicWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ support rep,

Your response is not only disingenuous but is erroneous.  Motorolla specifically says that from their perspective Lollipop is ready for the Droid Maxx and that it is up to the individual carriers (that would be you) to provide it.  This IS ridiculous.  I bought my device expecting to get the 5.0 update.  I would never have expected I would still be waiting on it a year later and now Marshmallow is already out.  Please escalate this issue and give us a better answer.   If you need, I will be glad to provide you with the URL where Motoralla places the blame squarely on VZ.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must be referring to this:

Capture.PNG

From here:  Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
TragicWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup.  I don't think it can get any more clear than that.  The hold up is VZ.  Motorola clearly believes that Maxx is ready for 5.X from their perspective.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Can you provide this link?  I am curious as Motorola's site does not shift blame

0 Likes
TragicWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not as easy to get to as it used to be since Marshmallow is out but here it is:

1.  Go here https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949

2.  Ignore the fact that the page talks about Marshmallow

3.  Scroll to the bottom and find the pull-down that says "Step 1: Select where you purchased your device"

4.  Choose Verizon.

5.  Click "Droid Maxx" (near the middle of the page)

Observe message:

DROID MAXX

This device will be upgraded to the Android 5 Lollipop release of Android, pending partner support.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I posted that link earlier.

0 Likes
KingA0801

Following this rabbit hole...Still nothing leading to an acceptable answer.  Waiting for information on this update we paid for when we purchased our phone and pay our bills.

0 Likes