Re: Droid Eris?
hornetjockey

HTC did their job and released the software to Verizon 5 months ago. It is entirely VZW's fault as far as I'm concerned, and I would not be surprised to learn that this was done solely to get people to upgrade to the Incredible.

0 Likes
nonie3234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, man - I would be DELIGHTED if they would allow me to upgrade to the Incredible! I bought my Eris right after Thanksgiving, so I am not eligible for any upgrade special pricing. If I want the Incredible, I have to pay $599.

If they could waive that restriction, I would skip away into the sunset, a happy customer.

0 Likes
buddha724
Enthusiast - Level 3

agamsnow wrote:

I would not recommend this phone either without the update. It appears at this time that Verizon is jacking around with releasing the update. I wish I would have gotten the Motorola Droid instead of the Eris at this point.

+1

Sigh... hindsight is always 20/20.  I'm so frustrated with the delay on this update I would have paid the extra $100 to upgrade to the Droid instead of the Eris.  Now I'm just stuck and disappointed.

With a phone that is so dependent on its OS it's a shame that VZW is dragging its feet to get the update out.  If we could at least get some information as to why it's taking so long the wait might be more tolerable.  All we keep getting is supposed release dates that come and go with no OTA update.

0 Likes