Droid Eris
jimwalkco1

THIS PHONE STINKS!  FORCE CLOSE, LAG TIME ON CALLS, TXT, PICTURES, ETC..... worse than an old PC and dial up connection!  Verizon tech support has been very nice and helpful but how far can they go when the equipment and its accompanying software is a PEICE OF JUNK!!!!!!!! The update for this thing has only made it worse.  Add to the mix a hard reset to factory default loosing all settings and non-google contact info and you really have a mess.  Now I am told that I should take the battery out every once in a while to reset it manually!  Great!  Why is this acceptable?  Wouldn't it be nice if our cars behaved this way.  What a joke!  HTC you make junk! I am telling everyone I know and broadcasting as much as I can to say away from this piece of crap! 

Give me a **bleep** rotory phone for gods sake! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Verizon discontinued this phone awhile back ago. people can't purchase it directly from Verizon any more

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Try disabling/uninstalling your task killer.
0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

jimwalkco1 wrote:

THIS PHONE STINKS!  FORCE CLOSE, LAG TIME ON CALLS, TXT, PICTURES, ETC..... worse than an old PC and dial up connection!  Verizon tech support has been very nice and helpful but how far can they go when the equipment and its accompanying software is a PEICE OF JUNK!!!!!!!! The update for this thing has only made it worse. 

Yeah, HTC doesn't make good products. And if you want to see just how bad of a company they are, try contacting their tech support instead of Verizon's--HTC's tech people are ignorant and inept when they decide they feel like "helping": they could stand to learn many lessons from Verizon. VZW does tech support right...if only other businesses would use them as a model...

You probably will improve performance if you do as demmo86rt suggests and remove any Task Killers you've got, if you're using one, but the phone will never be perfect--you're still likely to experience some lag, and HTC has said they refuse to fix the problem where pictures appear as slideshows and close automatically--and if you're unlucky enough to have friends who can't get pictures from you after that change, you'll be pleased to be informed by HTC that your friends just have phones that are "too old," so it's ok. All the maintenance in the world won't make up for the poor build quality and lack of support from the manufacturer.

Personally I've learned from the mess that HTC is to be avoided. There's a reason they have a D- rating on the Better Business Bureau!

I transitioned to a Droid 2 (from an Eris), and man what a difference it's been! If you browse Motorola's official support boards and compare them to HTC's support boards, you'll immediately be struck by just how differently a good business and a bad business operate: HTC doesn't have any staff on their support forum, so all messages are essentially ignored except by other users. Browsing through the Motorola boards, you'll see multiple staff members helping users troubleshoot problems, and when they don't succeed, they'll relay the information to engineers for extra help. And they also create bug reports and pass feature requests to those who can implement them--HTC does neither.

Unfortunately we had to learn how bad a company HTC is, the hard way. Hopefully we'll be able to help prevent others from making the same mistake.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Joe_Evaristo wrote:

Yeah, HTC doesn't make good products. And if you want to see just how bad of a company they are, try contacting their tech support instead of Verizon's--HTC's tech people are ignorant and inept when they decide they feel like "helping": they could stand to learn many lessons from Verizon. VZW does tech support right...if only other businesses would use them as a model...

I have the HTC G1 which is quite a wonderful phone. You can't really say*all* HTC products are not good, because that is very untrue.  Plus take a look at the HTC Incredible device. That phone seems to be simply amazing. Maybe HTC just didn't work out the kinks of the Eris & just rushed it. Therefor being a poor product.

Verizon does have some good tech support agreed. I believe Verizon has their own tech team for android devices.

0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

Isnt Advanced Task Killer an ap that came installed with the phone?? If so,how do I delete it??

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
No, not pre-installed, uninstall through market.
0 Likes
KK814
Contributor - Level 1

thanks!!

0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

TheGreatOne wrote:

I have the HTC G1 which is quite a wonderful phone. You can't really say*all* HTC products are not good, because that is very untrue.  Plus take a look at the HTC Incredible device. That phone seems to be simply amazing. Maybe HTC just didn't work out the kinks of the Eris & just rushed it. Therefor being a poor product.

Verizon does have some good tech support agreed. I believe Verizon has their own tech team for android devices.

Really? I've heard the Incredible...isn't very.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/The-not-so-INCREDIBLE-HTC-Incredible-Reboot-Issu...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/htc-evo-4g-and-droid-incredible-suffering-from-unresponsive-scre/

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/16/browser-privacy-htc-senseui/

HTC doesn't know what they're doing. The more I read, the more I notice that the only happy HTC owners are the ones who are....willing to void their warranties. If you have to replace their stuff with...custom stuff...to have a good experience, then they're doing something wrong.

Once you factor in how poor HTC's customer support is, and the fact that they ignore their own support forum, there's a pretty clear picture of a bad company. If they have a halfway decent product, it's certainly by accident, not by design. Again, a company doesn't get a D- rating on the Better Business Bureau if they're producing quality products and supporting them adequately.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Joe_Evaristo wrote:

Really? I've heard the Incredible...isn't very.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/The-not-so-INCREDIBLE-HTC-Incredible-Reboot-Issu...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/htc-evo-4g-and-droid-incredible-suffering-from-unresponsive-scre/

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/16/browser-privacy-htc-senseui/

HTC doesn't know what they're doing. The more I read, the more I notice that the only happy HTC owners are the ones who are....willing to void their warranties. If you have to replace their stuff with...custom stuff...to have a good experience, then they're doing something wrong.

Once you factor in how poor HTC's customer support is, and the fact that they ignore their own support forum, there's a pretty clear picture of a bad company. If they have a halfway decent product, it's certainly by accident, not by design. Again, a company doesn't get a D- rating on the Better Business Bureau if they're producing quality products and supporting them adequately.

I guess it could go either way. I have seen users really like the HTC Incredible. Even the HTC Incredible device was voted as a number 2 best android phone. What about my HTC G1? You didn't mention that.  

0 Likes