Droid Eris warranty replacement
tlandle

Does Verizon still have Droid Eris's to replace, or should I get a Moto Droid/Incredible as a replacement instead?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris warranty replacement
Developer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got two eris replacements.  One for a replacement and another is coming to replace the replacement they just sent me with a faulty microphone.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

If the replacement device is available in local inventory you will receive the Droid Eris as a replacement phone. If that device is not available you will receive a compatible device. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....my buddy just got is replacement. he was hoping they were finally all gone and he could get an alternative (on his 3rd eris in 3 months). they still have them.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Yeah, my speaker's gone bad again, but I'm gonna wait another month or so in hopes that supplies run out. Just hope that I don't get stuck with something with a physical keyboard.
0 Likes
infiltwb

The eris was a great phone till eclair(android 2.1) came out. That phones hardware simply can not handle it. This is not a new issue as people have had problems with the 50% w/o signal, dialer lag and numerous other issues since the 2.1 rollout started, however they will continue to replace the phones until the majority of them are out of service. Sucks but its the reality.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
The phone handles eclair, and even froyo just fine. There is just too much junk added in and I think was somewhat poorly written. The general speculation is that some phones had different components that didn't jive with the software and that's why some had so many issues and some had none. I have a custom froyo rom on my Eris with the bloatware removed and the phone absolutely flies, not to mention with moderate usage I can get a full 24 hours of battery life on a single charge. I will probably still replace it due to the blown speaker, but I love this phone.
0 Likes