Droid Eris Menu Home and Return key Disable Vibrate Mode
ltpg97

Greetings,

I just recently got the Droid Eris and I absolutely love it except for one thing. Whenever I hit the Menu, Home or Return key the phone vibrates. Is there an App or a way to disable this. I don't see a valid reason for these buttons to vibrate if it's a touch phone when you can disable all other vibrate features on the phone. Plus, this feature will drain the battery quicker. Either way, I would like to see if this can be done. If not, someone should create and App to disable this feature. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris Menu Home and Return key Disable Vibrate Mode
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

ltpg97 wrote:

Greetings,

I just recently got the Droid Eris and I absolutely love it except for one thing. Whenever I hit the Menu, Home or Return key the phone vibrates. Is there an App or a way to disable this. I don't see a valid reason for these buttons to vibrate if it's a touch phone when you can disable all other vibrate features on the phone. Plus, this feature will drain the battery quicker. Either way, I would like to see if this can be done. If not, someone should create and App to disable this feature. Thanks.

Congrats on the new phone!

Unfortunately there is no way in the current OS to disable the haptic feedback for the physical keys on the phone.

**Disclaimer - I am not recommending you seek out an leak versions of the software!!

What I can tell you is that in the "leak version" of 2.1 floating around on other sites, there is a menu option to disable haptic feedback. now whether or not this option will be in the official 2.1 release is anyone's guess, but it looks promising.

0 Likes
ltpg97

Thanks JayJay. That's great news! I can patiently wait. Do you know when the official 2.1 version will be released for the Eris? I still have 1.5.

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

ltpg97 wrote:

Thanks JayJay. That's great news! I can patiently wait. Do you know when the official 2.1 version will be released for the Eris? I still have 1.5.

No problem!

Unfortunately nobody knows when the official update will be. You're smart for being patient as this topic makes everyone coo coo for cocoa puffs! :smileywink:

0 Likes