Droid Eris MMS Delivery Problems
mav455

Has anyone experienced problems when trying to send MMS messages to other phone/carriers.  I have sent MULTIPLE picture messages to iPhone users who say they have not received the pictures.  I have had success with other Verizon and even Sprint users though.  I had a BB Curve before and experienced issues when sending back to back pic messages which was solved after resetting the phone but this does not seem to work with the Eris.  Need some help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris MMS Delivery Problems
mav455

BTW...the other users do receive SMS messages just no pics.  Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

The iPhone as far as i know does not have MMS capabilites. In order for iPhone users to get picture messages it would have to be through email.

0 Likes
jonnydigital
The iPhone has had MMS capabilities for a while now. In response to the original user, I have the same issues... MMS messages sent to my father/brother on Nextel work fine, messages sent to myself. and messages sent to email addresses all work... but my wife has an iPhone on AT&T and my cousin has a MyTouch on T-Mobile, and neither of them can receive MMS from me. I did a hard reset on the phone, and that didn't help either. Prior to this I had a Samsung Omnia, which had no problem sending MMS to either of them. Strange.\ I hope to get an answer soon, but I may just end up calling VZW tomorrow to insure that the provisioning is setup correctly for my account. (this happened on my Omnia when I first got it, too)
0 Likes
crunchbot

I also have issues sending MMS's to iphone users. I use handcent for my SMS/MMS app, and have the MMS issue. I tried sending the MMSs through the standard "Messages" app and that seems to fix it most of the time. I hadn't thought that it was an iPhone issue. I wil try it to other carries and hopefull I will remember to post back about my experiences (i don't check this forum oftem, I found it googling for MMS send problem eris") Are you guys using handcent, the built in app, or another SMS/MMS app by chance?

0 Likes
jonnydigital

Neither work for me, I even tried chompSMS. I called Verizon shortly after my last reply, and they did NOTHING to help me. I had one gentleman "forward the problem to the Network Bureau" and he was supposed to call me back that following Friday and never did... I'm not sure what is going on, and neither are they. I cannot fathom how this can only be us 3 having this issue...

Before anyone suggests it, I have tried resizing the MMS messages to under 10kb and it STILL doesn't work.

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've actually been having the same problem with my Eris.  I can't send MMS message to my boyfriend who has an iPhone.  He's also sent me multiple MMS messages and my phone states "unable to download".  I've tried the native messaging system as well as handcent and neither one will download the message.  

Prior to the Eris, I had a BB pearl and never had a problem either sending or receiving MMS messages to iphone users.  Any thoughts?!

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a side note : I can send/receive MMS messages to other Eris and Droid users, still blocked when it comes to iphone users.

0 Likes
jonnydigital

Oddly enough, my cousin has a My Touch on T-Mobile which also uses Android, and he has never been able to receive an MMS from me, but I get his just fine (same with iPhone users,  I get theirs... but they don't get mine)

0 Likes
icudoc
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I called Verizon yesterday about these MMS problems.  They took me through different maneuvers, and nothing helped.  They actually sent several test messages with no success.  The created 2 work tickets as a result of all this.  One for the fact that I was receiving messages with such a long delay and a second because I couldn't open any of the messages I did receive.  I'm to expect a phone call in a few days from tech support, hopefully with a solution!

0 Likes