Droid Eris 2.1 OTA update 7/18/10 - Email Send Issue?
depaor

I installed the pushed OTA Android 2.1 update yesterday (7/18/10).  Since then I cannot send emails over the 3G network.  I have checked my email settings multiple times.  It can send emails fine if I disable "mobile" and enable "Wifi", but not if both are anabled together.  Anyone else having this issue?  Any awareness and suggestions from Verizon?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Eris 2.1 OTA update 7/18/10 - Email Send Issue?
depaor

1. I called Verizon - >  they said call HTC.

2. I called Insight (my ISP, email provider) to verify servers, security, port setings.  All check out OK.  Exactly what I used before the OTA android 2.1 update, and it worked fine.

3. I called HTC - > they said my ports much be wrong...call Insight again.

4. I called Insight again - set-up and ports still check out OK and there are no alternatives.

The only thing I have not done yet is check if sending email over WiFi works on other networks (I've only tried at home over insightbb.com)

Not sure what to do after that....

I get 3G arrows blinking on the phone seemingly indicating activity when I try to send a message, but they clearly go nowhere.

I get no error messages during set-up of my email account (everything verifies as I go through the steps).  I get no error messages when I send a message. Everything shows up in my "Sent" folder as if it went through. 

So, all indications appear normal, but something isn't working.

Any ideas?  Verizon...?

Can I get my phone's previous software version back?  It worked fine with the same settings.

0 Likes
tfarms

start here cause verison is dumping this phone - cause all updates since 1.5 have caused problems you are having.

Can root and try and cure them or go back to 1.5 - you will get no help from verision on this - I have been to the store about both our phones - no offer to help and was to that it looked like rooting the phone was only way to cure that and they would not do it. I find this funny cause i have heard that rooting voids contract but was told on the sly to do it.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=647707  how to on root

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724741

or just live with it - I choose not to -

0 Likes
supernova
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just what is this update???? I already updated to 2.1 a couple of months ago. I just got an update notice on my phone again today prompting me to update to 2.1.

I also received an email a few days ago, saying that I would be able to uptate to 2.1 soon. I thought it was odd, but then just dismissed it.

Why are we getting another upgrade to the same OS? Is it to fix some of the bugginess from the first upgrade???

0 Likes
hornetjockey
0 Likes
gemax

I have the same problem.

0 Likes