Droid Email
andrea1919

1. I just got the Droid Eris, and I'm trying to figure out how to set up my yahoo account with it. Verizon says that I need to sign up with "Yahoo Mail Plus" but this would mean I have to pay more money to yahoo. I know that people with the Droid Eris have done this withouth buying the Yahoo Mail Plus. Does anyone know how to do this? (Without having to go into the browser every time)

2. Can I import my contancs from my old phone that had Backup Assistant on it?

3. Can I use the market place without having to sync the phone with a google account?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Email
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

1. This should be helpful in adding an external email account other than google. Click on this to access the HTC Droid Eris user manual on how to set up an external email account. http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/wep/Manual/htc/Eris.pdf on page 99.

2. Here is direct link on how to transfer your contacts to your new android device using backup assistant: http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/droid.html

3. The android market is not powered by google, therefore if you were to unsync your google account with your phone, the market place should still work, but keep in mind that your phone does operate off of your google account so you may have to still have an google account for your phone.

0 Likes
wzp

andrea1919 wrote:

1. I just got the Droid Eris, and I'm trying to figure out how to set up my yahoo account with it. Verizon says that I need to sign up with "Yahoo Mail Plus" but this would mean I have to pay more money to yahoo. I know that people with the Droid Eris have done this withouth buying the Yahoo Mail Plus. Does anyone know how to do this? (Without having to go into the browser every time)

Thank you!

Hint: Set your Yahoo account region to "somewhere else," besides the US.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Seems to depend on the age of your Yahoo account.  Accounts created up until 2 years ago seems to work.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Switch to gmail.  Yahoo now requires the paid account.

0 Likes
jpascual
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just discovered a brand new app in the Android Market that is called ROID.  It will connect to free yahoo mail accounts.  I downloaded it this weekend and it works great.  It allows me to connect to any email account ending in @yahoo.com, @ymail.com, and @rocketmail.com.  It works with both free yahoo mail and yahoo mail plus.  Cost just $1.99 one time fee.  I found it under Apps, then Communications, then Just In, but I think you can just search for ROID in the market to find it.  I also found the web site for this app: roidmail.com

0 Likes