Re: Droid ERIS OTA UPDATE soon
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2
Try it and see. If it's like my Droid, go to Settings>About phone>check for system updates. Don't forget to backup first.
0 Likes
sherweed

Liz from Executive Relations just called me to say that the update is rolling out today and that all Eris owners should have it by the end of the week. I wish I hadn't had to email back and forth with six different customer service reps to finally get that information, but at least now we know.

0 Likes
Gunslngr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

sherweed wrote:

Liz from Executive Relations just called me to say that the update is rolling out today and that all Eris owners should have it by the end of the week. I wish I hadn't had to email back and forth with six different customer service reps to finally get that information, but at least now we know.

Others are hearing two weeks @vzwsupport is telling people that. So It might take a little longer than that.

0 Likes
buddha724
Enthusiast - Level 3

y0diggity wrote:

buddha724 wrote:

I've seen a manual update option mentioned... how does that work?  I'm guessing it'll involve a link for the file download, put the file in your sd root folder, power off, power on while holding volume down, etc. etc.

Wow. For a guess, that was pretty darn good...

I assumed it'd be similar to the rooting process.  Hopefully a link comes for the manual update shortly after the first round of OTA updates hits... unless of course I'm one of the first in which case I won't care 😛

0 Likes
Gunslngr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

From Boygenius:

Just a quick little note to all of our friends with a Verizon HTC DROID ERIS, as the Android 2.1 OTA software update has begun. Being a gradual rollout, only about 1,000 people will get an on-device notification prompting them to begin the update before the night’s end. If you’re not fortunate enough to be one of those people, 9,000 more users will get the nod tomorrow. All told, Verizon is planning to push the update to all of the DROID ERIS users by the 16th of May

0 Likes
huckleberry

Is there any indication on when the update will be available through their website? Does anyone know how long it took for them to have a downloadable update when they released the OTA update for Moto Droid?

0 Likes
phonedogruff

Hurry....please.......Can't....hold.....out.....much.....longer........:smileysad:

0 Likes
lritch

I got the update this morning!!!!!

0 Likes
ErisNationAZ

Does anyone know if I did the manual install of the 2.26 ROM, will it still send me the new 2.36 OTA?

0 Likes
dwright0508

lritch wrote:

I got the update this morning!!!!!

SAME!!!! right before school I saw it and I was excited. I was going to post pictures and tell, but I didnt think anyone would believe me.

0 Likes