Droid Doesn't. 2.1 update.
dahmooser

Need I say more?

I'm incredibly disappointed that Motorola has released this update elsewhere in the world, but, Verizon is holding it up.

When my contract ends, I'll be moving to Google.

Thanks for the "good times", Verizon.

:robotsad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Doesn't. 2.1 update.
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

See ya

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Since when did Google begin offering cell phone service?  Did I miss something?

0 Likes
dahmooser

Quite simply, if motorola hadn't released the update to anyone, it would make sense that Verizon customers wouldn't have iteither.

I suspect that the reason the update is not being released has more to do with some kind of feature that is opened up on the phone, that Verizon might lose revenue from.  This has been the case in the past, such as, when they prevented Motorola Phone tools from being able to transfer MP3 files to my previous motorola phone. In this case, Verizon was forcing us to use their archaic "V-Cast" interface to try and get more revenue.

And why are our text messages broken up? Am I mistaken that other providers get messages longer than 256 characters? Doesn't really matter, SMS is going the way of the Dodo with a phone as capable as our Droid.

Droid represents an unusual departure for Verizon from the tight fisted, high and mighty attitude that originally cost them the Iphone partnership.

The ONLY way Verizon can compete with the Iphone is to be faster on updates, better on support, and better service. Speaking of which I've told Verizon for the past 5 years there is a dead spot on our highway, yet, it's never been fixed. I even provided GPS coordinates where it begins and ends! I guarantee most people would prefer a phone that gets perfect reception everywhere over some of the (Cool) features Droid offers us.

No, Google hasn't yet announced it is providing service (on another's backbone).Yet.  My point is, even if it's on the Verizon backbone (which I think is quite good, likely the best), my "account" would reside with Google.

Conflicted Droid User,

Dahmooser

0 Likes
dahmooser

useful reference in regards to the future...

Google's CEO Speaks on Free Cell Service

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

That still doesnt say anything about Google offering cell phone service.  Where in that article does it say Google will be offering cell phone service?

0 Likes
bpad10

It is becoming more and more apparent that Verizon is the one holding this back and upsetting everyone.  With the release of 2.1 to the Milestone starting today it becomes obvious that there may not be a bug after all.    

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Bleh, I had the root to my droid to 2.1 and I didnt see much of a difference.. whats so great about live wallpapers? I guess 2.1 opens the phone up to use it as a hotspot and verizon wants customers to pay for that? who knows. If you want 2.1 so bad, why dont you get it?
0 Likes
mhill95

Verizon is investing in the i-phone, they are no longer interested in spending more money on Droid

0 Likes
twforrer

Its coming out at noon today.  everyone should have it by the end of the week

0 Likes