Re: Droid Dna so called "Update"
GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I loved the animations I recieved depending on the weather, but with the new update they took that away. I got this phone to customize and have fun but with the new update they took every away from it.

GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree display was much better.  And about the camera mine is on the bottom right hand corner, if you take a picture it should show up there,  and by clicking it, it will bring up the pictures you have taken.

0 Likes
GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is another horrible problem. What phone in 2013 needs to load to show and send texts. My grandparents basic phones dont even need to load to send a text.

0 Likes
Defn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I personally love the new Sense 5 update, pulling down your notification bar with 2 fingers will bring up your settings. That is brilliant. You dont have to use Blink Feed, and a lot of the things you can place back to the original settings. Its the great thing about Android, its fully customizable.

KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is an option under the personalization menu Home Screen Style to use a theme without blinkfeed.  You can also set the home screen to whatever page you want. so Blink is off to the side in case you are bored and want to check out news tidbits.

You should always back up your contacts via google sync.  Works perfect for me pics not sure of sounds.  There may be a ringtone apk out there you like.  I have successfully synced and downloaded contacts from Google account 50 plus times.  Works like a charm.  I have been on 4.2 Sense 5 for a while.

The camera has many options.  Click on each to see the menus open up.  White balance is there along with contrast, saturation, sharpness and exposure under image adjustmants tab.  If you don't like the camera try downloading the 4.3 camera apk.  (no root needed.) then you have both cameras.

So far I have none of the issues above.  Lucky me I guess.  I have 2 DNA's 1 root and one stock.  Stock looks and behaving great.

I think HTC went for more of a vanilla look in Sense.  At least the option to customize that way.  I like it.

Sorry you don't.  Smiley Sad

However never fear there is kitkat in the semi near future. Rumored anyway.

I hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and as far as updates, so many times bugs need to be fixed.  Google had to fix Kitkat as well.  Even Apples IOS system needs minor bug fixes on each update.  Hopefully fixes will come for the few who have issues.  Not ideal but very typical a few get issues.  Best wishes!

0 Likes
KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

In people/contacts app  to the upper left should be a menu arrow under phonebook.where you can choose where you want your contacts to come from.   your phone probably automatically synced Google applied from sim and from phone at once.  just click of the locations you do not want contacts from.  Maybe that will help.

3000 popular much lol

0 Likes
DL1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also hate this update ......touchscreen seems "off" now when using it. Layout/graphics are ugly and blocky on top of flowing the wrong way. Battery life took a big hit...phone is dead in 14 hours with light uaage prior life was 40-60% left in that timeframe. Spoke with Verizon was told there was no way to remove this "update". Looks like I will be finding a different solution on ny own.

0 Likes
LoyalHTCuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't mind bug fixes, or improvements. Don't change the entire phone without asking me if I want it first. I hate all the new changes. wish I could put it back the way it was. If it is not broke don't fix it.

0 Likes
KraZ4sure
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hear you.  I chose the DNA over the One because I liked Sense 4 better then 5.  But then I got to loving 5.  This update has been talked about since August.  It was made known exactly what it was.  It may have been possible to deny it and get customer support to find out how.  Always good to keep ears open regarding android development.  Rumors of KitKat and Sense 5.5 are happening.  Good luck to all the disappointed.  Smiley Sad  Hope you all can find a way to Droid your way and embrace. 

0 Likes