Droid Dna so called "Update"
GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Dna recieved the Sense 5 update which is horrible. The look alone is a reason to be thrown away. Im not a fan of the boxy b&w theme it has. I love the old one much more. But the major issue is the wifi. I had my phone for about a year and experienced no wifi issues until this update. I been connected to more than 20 wireless networks with no issues. The router I use now I also use it for my ps3 and tablet and both works fine.  My phone will randomly disconnect from wifi and when it is connected my Internet is extremely slow to the point of not working.  There are also many apps I can't even use due to the connection.  So now I have an ugly theme, and paying $30 a month for a basic phone. and to top everything off I cant even change it back to the old software. Hopefully a Verizon rep, see this and change the problems.  Because I paid for a smartphone not a basic one.

Labels (1)
Re: Droid Dna so called "Update"
fish2314
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the Droid DNA and had to update on 12/12/13 and now none of my videos will play, youtube does not work, and no videos from facebook will play. The new look of the phone is terrible. I'm about to drop verizon if they do not fix this immediatley. My phone was just fine before I had to do this stupid  update that has now completly jacked up my phone. It changed the ringtone for certain notifications all to one ringtone. Verizon just keeps finding ways to (removed) people over.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

lindygal

I also have the Droid DNA. I absolutely hate the update.  For one, the weather program has changed. I no longer have the windshield wipers when it rains.  I had 14 or so locations. It was one of the fun things I did with my HTC incredible. I purchased this phone because of this. I could swipe easily to each new location.  I would like to contact the people who have changed and made this update. 

I also am having trouble seeing the letters behind the numbers to call people using that method. 

When i talk to people on the phone now, I can't see their picture as well. It has a graph like design over them.  What were they thinking.  an update?  I think there was a change in the photo area. It's only been a day so i haven't taken the time to see what is different about taking a photo.  But< I would like to write the company who did this. 

Very bad decision on their part. My next step is to call verizon and get a contact.  I am afraid to find out that my videos don't' work. 

Thank you for posting. I see that i am not alone in this.

0 Likes
fozzie210
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded my DNA as well and hate it.  Is there anyway to revert back to the old version?  I lost all my sound settings and the ones they have provided with this update are horrible....and the text options (and screen set up) was much better before.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get it so you can view the pictures you are taking (like we were able to do before by clicking in the small window in the lower left side of the photo screen) without having to leave the camera mode to get to the photo gallery app?

brooklyn0287
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree I hate the new update...I am a new user to HTC and I am seriously thinking about going back to the iphone! This afternoon when it arrived I was excited and loved it and now that the update went on I HATE the wallpapers, widgets and ringtones not to mention the entire layout is stupid!

MJHeil
Enthusiast - Level 2

This last update was horrible. Everything that worked with the DNA before is worse. Texting, sounds, email, the look; everything. But the worst part for me was the fact that my 3,000 contacts got MERGED again! It's like taking all contacts and putting them in a mixing bowl. Sometimes only the first name has to match in order to get merged. HOW come they cannot ASK first! Why do we keep paying to get ***wed?

RCAddict_us
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that it is the worst looking update.  I have noticed that SMS messages are slower now in sending.  Are there other themes for it?  What focus groups did they use to come up with aweful ugly excuse for an OS?  The old one rivaled iPhone and Samsung.  This one is just garbage.  Not happy.  Might be time to root the thing so I can have some speed and usefulness back.

justlp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too hate this update.  Let me count the ways:

1. I lost all my sound settings and ringtones.  The new ones suck! 
  2. I also lost all my pictures of contacts and special ringtone settings for them.
  3. When trying to type in some applications in landscape mode, some of the keys are not visible on the right hand side of the keyboard, forcing me to go to portrait mode.
  4. There were MANY options to customize the settings to take advantage of the good camera quality on the DNA that are now GONE.  The new 'effects' bar is stupd and not at all what I want to do with my pictures.  If I did, I would use instagram.  I want the level of control I had before to change ASA, white balance, etc.  Not a dumbed down idiot interface.

PLEASE let us revert to the old version or FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!!  If they don't get fixed, this will be my last HTC phone.   I loved both my Thunderbolt and DNA until this update happened.  They seem to be heading to catering to the 'lowest common denominator' mindset - which is NOT what I am looking for.

justlp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention - they also took away the multiple options for customizing the home screen.  I don't want blinkfeed.  I don't like blinkfeed.  I don't live and die by social networking.  This is not an upgrade in my opinion, but a significant downgrade.

GrandePapi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats crazy. My videos work on mine but I dont understand why an update has to change my ringtones.

0 Likes