Droid DNA vs Droid Bionic
netwaves
Enthusiast - Level 1

I miss my Droid Bionic already. I've upgraded to the Droid DNA by HTC. I was worried about my move from Motorola to HTC and now I'm sure, the design of the Droid DNA is not worth the change. The non-replaceable, small battery is point one. No HDMI out is number two. The USB port on the bottom of the phone instead of the side is incredibly inconvenient, not to mention the phone does not do landscape while in the makeshift cradle I had to buy. Only 16GB of RAM with no SD or SDHC card slot is the clincher... Does Verizon want us to stream everything?  I will keep this phone, mostly because I promised my old Droid Bionic to a coworker, but I will forever be unhappy with it. VERIZON - Fix these issues in the next release!!! There is no reason this unit didn't at least have a card-slot and more memory. I've been with Verizon and Motorola for more than ten years. I can tell you all now, this may change in the future. When Sprint 4G hits my area then I will have options.

Yes, I did check out the specs on this phone before buying it, so I was ready. What I didn't expect is how much these issues would come to mean to me. I have very good eyesight so the gorgeous screen is a plus but if you can't use the phone as a clock, or personal sound system, because of no quick convenient stand like the Motorola brands, then it's an expensive and semi-useful paperweight on it's side.

So... for anyone thinking of buying a Droid DNA to replace their Motorola Droid I say WAIT! Hopefully Motorola/Google will get their act together and put out a decent phone. For me the increase in speed and the display was not worth the hassle of a complete paradigm shift.

If you have another HTC phone and your're used to it's specs, then go ahead and try it out!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA vs Droid Bionic
netwaves
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update... First, please forgive the grammar and spelling mistakes made in my previous post, it was made in haste.

Two more days and I'm frustrated beyond belief with this phone. I've now tried three cradles, and none of them are sufficient. I really want this thing to automatically switch into landscape and request a mode when placed on its side in a cradle. I've also desperately tried to find a small and convenient QI charger, there are none to be found. I can't stand my phone laying on its back where I can't see it. It's terribly inconvenient to be forced to pick up the phone to check every call and/or text message. Furthermore, a message to Verizon about bloat ware, JUST SAY NO! If I don't want games and NFL stuff on my phone, then I should at least be able to remove it. The only way these issues are going to be addressed is if the users, otherwise known as customers, start speaking out and let Verizon know what is, and is not, acceptable. I plan on becoming very active in these forums so my voice can be heard...

Re: Droid DNA vs Droid Bionic
Vegeta_GG42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon said in a press conference some time ago that by March 2013, a lot of bloatware is going to be removed, another thing you can do until then is to hide bloatware, go to Menu>Manage Apps, then under ALL tab, tap on the bloatware you don't want, and uninstall updates, then exit and come back and that option should be replaced with Disable, which will remove it from your list of apps to launch.  Another thing is to setup a custom app drawer that doesn't include the bloatware, this is what I had to do with Android 3.0

0 Likes