Droid DNA text message bubbles change color?
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

First of all I love my Droid DNA... I have had it 6 months and very few quirks, One that just started happening recently which for some reason is annoying to me is with the pre installed text messaging app.  I have my messages personalized with the cloud background color and the message bubbles set to the replies to me  are in chartreuse, lately with in the last week these bubble colors revert back to the default baby blue spontaneously. The next time I open the widget they may be back to my chartreuse preference!!  Anyone else have this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA text message bubbles change color?
B33
Legend

Sounds like a Setting in the Widget..

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Right, I have it changed to my preferred colors, this changes all by itself? And then changes back spontaneously?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might Try doing this:

Changing the skin color through settings> personalize> skin will also change the color of the message bubbles. From there you can personalize it from the messaging settings. If the preferences is not staying and you are returning to the skin color instead of the customized color, I recommend clearing the cache. Settings> Apps > messages> clear cache.

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

I did read that suggestion in Android Forums... Did it and it still sporadically changes to default... and then back!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understand, Just a thought have you checked HTC's Forum's or Called them directly you might Try there. As for me i'm going to have a Dilly Bar an Ice Cream Bar from DQ  been thinking about one all Day long YUMMMMM.!   See Ya b 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klschade,

Text message colors are very useful. I know how important it is to have the features you use most working properly. I want to help. Have you downloaded any new applictions lately? If so, please uninstall then test your messaging application.  Sometimes other applications can cause your current application settings to be corrupted if the two applications do not get along. Does it revert back on a particular person or contact, or does it just happen randomly? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for responding.... I did try that... really no rhyme or reason to the changes.  Sometimes I literally change back and forth to different convo threads and it changes.... Then voila! back to my personalized choice.  Crazy?  Each time I open the menu and re select my choice it changes, but only for a bit... Doesn't matter if i open the widget or go to the app icon to open.  Not a real big deal, but wondered if anyone else has this issue and a solution??

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Going to uninstall SKYPE and try that... Recently using it, perhaps its mms message feature interferes?  I will keep the thread posted.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kiscade: After talking to you about that on your phone i was thinking about it and was wondering if you might have an App that might be interfering). I had and app that was causing issues a few months back and i had to get rid of it..

0 Likes