Droid DNA software upgrade - are you kidding me?
alexafam

I don't know who they hire to design anything - but this MASSIVE upgrade just jacked up my phone and hardly works!  None of my calendars are syncing, they took all my customization and tossed them, the look and feel is B&W and boxy!  This designer should be fired!!!!  I have had a day with this crap phone and I'm about to flush it and go elsewhere!!!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Beware those waiting for the samsung upgrade...if its this bad, you may want to look for a different carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA software upgrade - are you kidding me?
bfrank76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, That was a mistake... I am not sure what all got skewed with this upgrade on my phone, but I lost all my photos and videos. Luckily I did a back up about three weeks ago. So it was not a complete catastrophe. They DID NOT even have a back up warning, prior to doing the upgrade. (Verizon) Do you even know what IT stands for?

Now my photo gallery shows Facebook, Picasa, and Flicker... Great if your a loser who uses these social atrocities.

The graphics and widgets suck, I want my old software back!!!!

Guess I will be looking for another carrier and OS. Might as well go to the Windows 8 phone. This looks even worse! Smiley Sad Who designed this crap, did they even bother to Beta test this? I would imagine they use the same management the Federal Government is using these days... Likely the biggest change here is to support NSA hacking of my PRIVATE information.

Rob_Z
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, they really screwed up this time.   I always said HTC had a polished interface...   they screwed that up.   The interface is boxey and I have lost features that I really liked.   I need to learn to use the phone again and I don't mind doing this  if I feel it is an upgrade but I won't even use the new features that come with this new version.

The designers should be fired, this is a black eye on verizon and HTC.   I will most likely be getting a phone other than HTC for the next one and if this is the new android OS I may be moving over to a windows phone.  I would sure like to know who is responsible for this abomination, they really should be fired for thinking this is an upgrade.  

Negatives:

Widgets look bad

Text interface looks worse

Home button functionality gone

Don't like the new recent screen control

Lost my favorite ring tone

the basic icons look horrible (why couldn't they have kept the original icons????)

Weather data not working on the lock screen

Phone interface looks like crap

Landscape keyboard missing the arrow keys (even though the option is on)

positives:

Phone interface layed out better (slightly)

I want the old software back. 

synisteria
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did this upgrade last night, have been playing around with it today. I agree that it is terrible. I customized my background and text bubbles for my text messages, I can't even read what I've sent other people now because the bubble background for what I send is gone, the words blend into my background. Since the customization for texts has been taken out, I can't fix it. I spent hours upon hours reading reviews and watching videos on different phones when it came time to get a new phone, I chose the DNA because of how smooth it looked and all the customization options. I don't like the big boxy clunky look. Everything that I loved about this phone has been lost in this sad excuse for an upgrade, it should be termed downgrade. As an artist and designer, I am majorly disappointed. My very first web pages back in 8th grade looked better than this.

Rob_Z
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talking with Verizon to get rid of this phone.   I am thinking about moving to a windows 8 phone but I would prefer to stay with Android.   I was going to get the HTC One next but after seeing what HTC is doing I am not sure that would be a good idea at this point.  you could say it is an Android and this is what they have to deal with btu the truth is they design the skins and it seems the person they had doing this is nto working on the DNA.  It is quite possibel they have been put on a newer product and this would explain why the interface looks horrible. 

I wonder if HTC will look at this and if they do will they do anything about what they have done to a perfectly good phone.   What a waste, I will be getting rid of mine now and I really liked the phone before they decided to downgrade it.

LoyalHTCuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with you folks. The new os for the HTC DNA is a real step backwards.

I Called HTC and Verizion and found no way to revert the phone back. Had I known what the update would have done. I would have said NO NO NO!!!!!!

this is my 3rd HTC, from the Incredible, to the Thunderbolt, to the DNA. I have loved them all. everything I liked about my DNA is gone, now it just looks like a samsung S3. I lost just about everything I liked about the phone. the skins for the home and lock screen are gone. the phone has a brilliant 1080p HD screen to display a now Black and White weather widget? I lost the ability to open 3rd party apps form the lock screen. lost my cool clocks for the lock screen. all the app icons are more dull. the camera has less on screen options. for example : before the change you could switch cameras with just a tap, now you need to enter the settings first. there is so much I dislike about this phone now. too much to list.  please someone with any brains reed these and put out a new update to bring back all the great HTC options. If it's not broke don't fix it. Is this just an attempt to get HTC users to dislike their phones enough to want to upgrade. I was looking forward to the front loud speakers of the new HTC ONE. I wish my DNA had them. HD screen with crappy sound. If the new HTC ONE is like this one. I will be looking else ware for my next phone. 

To HTC,

Please bring back all the old features I am obviously not alone here.  I know I am only one person and maybe just a drop in the bucket as far as revenue goes, but you will loose a loyal HTC customer for life.

NWBackpacker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup, this "upgrade" is a downgrade.    Swiping changed from horizontal to vertical.  (removed)  Really? Who does that?  The new graphics stink.

Worst of all, the phone (as in making calls) is now almost unusable. I can't search for names, everything about it is a pain in the arse.  As soon as my contract is up, I'm quitting Verizon.  They took a great phone and ruined it.  (removed)  I would happily take the old software back.

Edited as required by the

0 Likes