Droid DNA: Will it ever get an update to the OS?????
hbarron79

Droid DNA is on 4.1.1     When will Verizon give us 4.3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid DNA: Will it ever get an update to the OS?????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hbarron79, everyone is anticipating it! Stay up to date w/ software releases right here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq !

SammuelP
VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hbarron79, everyone is anticipating it! Stay up to date w/ software releases right here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq !

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
pen2guin3
Enthusiast - Level 2

In other words...... don't hold your breath...lol   Actually I do believe the DNA is getting 4.2.2 before the end of the year if I can re-call reading. 4.3 update is either highly unlikely or Verizon could shock us all (DNA Owners) and port us straight to KiKat 4.4...

zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

I read a lot of the top android blogs everday, and there is no word what so ever from HTC updating the DNA. People who post in the comments on the site express the same frustration as yourself. My galaxy Nexus came out 2 months before the DNA and they stopped updating that earlier this year. The Droid Razr which came out 6 months before the DNA just got or is getting an update. So I wouldn't hold your breath, HTC is in turmoil right now, they are hemorrhaging money and trying to get anyone to buy their new products. HTC might even be out of business by this time next year.

0 Likes
JPRausch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful what you wish for.  Now that the upgrade to Android 4.2 and Sense 5 has been delivered, I'm seeing nothing but complaints.  I too have many complaints about it, including

• I miss the unlock ring; the new unlock isn't cool or fun, and is a little skippy
  • Why did they eliminate the "zooming weather" on the prior lock screen? The weather on the new lock screen is boring.
  • Text notifications on the new lock screen are boring too. Where's the the old bigger one with the contact's picture??
  • I'm furious that double-tapping the home button no longer gives me thumbnails of all my homepages for instant access to them. WHY would HTC remove that simple but handy tool??
  • Infinite homepage scrolling - why give that and now take it away? I grew reliant on that too.
  • The app drawer now scrolls vertically instead of horizontally. Okay..whatever, HTC. Was it really that crucial to switch scrolling direction?
  • The stupid 3 x 3 spacing of the app drawer. At least that's fixable through the Grid Size option (though that's hard to find)
  • The 4x4 animated weather widget is gone and replaced with a black-and-white, non-dynamic 1x2 tile? No thank you. I used to enjoy the animations when checking my weather, and being able to swipe through my cities. Now that is all impossible. WHY?
  • The photo album widget used to show thumbnails of your last 24 pictures or so; now it only shows a big version of your last photo
  • The People widget no longer allows me to do a vertical view showing each person's latest activity; now it's just tiled profile pics.
  • The time and weather in the app drawer is completely useless. I don't go to my app drawer to get the time and weather.
  • The text bubble colors are horrendous, at least with my personalized background. I can't see my replies.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JPRausch wrote:

Be careful what you wish for.  Now that the upgrade to Android 4.2 and Sense 5 has been delivered, I'm seeing nothing but complaints. ...

For everyone who screams for the update(s) to be delivered NOW, there are just as many complaints after delivery from those who wanted things to stay the same, and who say the update broke their phone.

You can't please everyone  :::sigh:::

MJHeil
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I would like to know is if we can roll back to the previous version. It is too late to fixed my 3,000 merged contacts; but everything else that was supposedly improved is worse now. From texting, to email and of course, using the phone; everything is now not only more difficult, but we have the added issue of making certain that our messages actually got sent.

Worst HTC Verizon update yet. I'm sure they can do worse though, all we have to do is pay them more.

MJHeil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1030428#1030428

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MJHeil wrote:

What I would like to know is if we can roll back to the previous version. It is too late to fixed my 3,000 merged contacts; but everything else that was supposedly improved is worse now. From texting, to email and of course, using the phone; everything is now not only more difficult, but we have the added issue of making certain that our messages actually got sent.

Worst HTC Verizon update yet. I'm sure they can do worse though, all we have to do is pay them more.

There is no official way to roll back to the previous version of the operating system. Anything else can't be discussed on this site because of the ToS here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help out today MJHeil. Unfortunately your device isn't able to access previous versions of your OS. When updates are released, these are meant to improve options. My apologies for the issues with your device. Do you mind elaborating on what has occured? Have you reached out to HTC for assistance with their device http://bitly.com/YklnZc? Please keep us posted.

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes