Re: Droid DNA Sim Card Error
SassyDevideus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid DNA and have recieved the SIM card error a few times. I would just shut my phone down, leave it off for a few minutes and turn it back on. This usually fixed it. It did not last for very long and has not given me any issues for a while.

My husband just recently purchased the HTC One. Yesterday all day and early thsi morning, he also got the SIM card error but he had no clue what it was until I got from work. I then turned his phone off. Kept it off for a while and turned it back on. It then "reset" itself and started working again. He called me a few minutes ago and said it happened again, he turned it off four times and turned it back on and it would not go away. Then as he was talking to me, it finally went away. He said I scared his phone into working. Is this going to be an ongoing issue with the HTC One? Do we need to contact our local Verizon store for a permanent fix? I will NOT trade in the phone because we bought this phone brand new, paid $250 and will not have it replaced with a refurbished phone. If all it takes is an update, then I say just run one already please.

Do I need to request a new SIM card for his phone? turning it off all the time to "reset" it will get annoying very fast.

Thank you

0 Likes
Tuxoa
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid DNA has been a nightmare.   I have received 2 replacement devices.  One from VZW, the other from HTC themselves.  After both of these failed, VZW gave me half a dozen sim cards to try, none worked.  HTC had me send my phone in to get the 'sim tray repaired' which I knew was total crap but I still received it back non-functional.

How much longer do I have to get ping-ponged around with this botched device until someone pony's up and realizes I am being scammed and deserve a different device entirely.

Verizon Support:  I clocked my uptime on this device.  I used to be around 70% usability at any given time.  Now, after this update last week, I am closer to 50%.  Yes, that mean half the time I turn on my phone, I cannot use it.  Even to call 911. 

How much would it cost to cancel this ridiculous scam I pay monthly for again?  Or is someone out there willing to make this right?

0 Likes
SassyDevideus
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: My husband took his phone to Verizon yesterday. They replaced his SIM card. He has not yet had anymore issues with it. Hopefully this took care of his issues. thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Tuxoa,

I am saddened to learn about the issues that you are experiencing with your device and your efforts are greatly appreciated! I'm here to help because I don't want to lose you as a customer. Let's look into this. Are you receiving a sim card error notification?  Did you experience the same issue with both replacement devices? What specific issues are you having? Please clarify your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the update, SassyDevideus.
Please keep us posted if you happen to run into this error again.

TamaraH_VZW

Tuxoa
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it happens during my call, I will simply get a "Call Dropped" Error.  Otherwise, I'll just look at my phone and it will show the SIM icon at the top with an X through it.  Occasionally it will loop through "Preparing Sim Card"  then "No SIM Card detected". A total of three devices (all refurb DNA) have done this.  I have had the sim card tray replace and it still persisted.  My roommate, who just bought a new phone OFF-CONTRACT, got a DNA when I got mine, and he was having the exact same issue.  The difference is, I don't have $400-600 to go blow on a off-contract replacement.  I can deal with the fact that I am missing business calls, or even the fact that I miss correspondence with my employees, but the biggest concern that angers me is that if something were to happen, there is a VERY large chance I would not even be able to make an emergency call for help.  That is a ridiculous problem for how much money I have given to Verizon over the combined 9 years I've been with you.

Forgive me if I am a little upset.

PS:  I have sent a follow request to AyaniB_VZW in case you need me to private message you.

0 Likes
stormweaver1983

My phone didn't start doing this until about 2 months ago.  It started off just doing it every couple days, but it has increased to being 5+ times per day now.  Has anyone had success in getting this resolved through Verizon?  I've lost all confidence in the phone. Honestly, I would like to exchange the phone for a different model. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stormweaver1983,

We know how important it is for you to get the most out of your device. My goal is to see to it that you are able to do just that. Let's partner together and get this resolved for you once and for all. May I ask is there any liquid or physical damage on the device? If not then please send me a private message with your name and mobile number so we can explore options. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
stormweaver1983

I tried to message you directly, but it says I can only message people that are my followers. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to send a Follow request to that they have to accept.  They, in turn, have to send you a Follow request that you have to accept.  Once you both are Following each other, then you can send Direct Messages.  See: