Re: Droid DNA Sim Card Error
MistaMagoo

I don't think people are blaming Verizon for the hardware issue...I'm going to Verizon because they sell the product and stand behind it.  If I purchased my phone from HTC, I would be going to them to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
BlakeBinkley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also getting frustrated, this is a known issue with the DNA and there was supposedly a patch for it called 710RD (which I am at) and am tired of rebooting my phone to make the "no SIM CARD message go away, and actually at this point I have not been able to make it go away  today at all( reboot, complete power off etc.)

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

What about tape?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MistaMagoo, thanks for spreading the word about us standing behind our products and services. You're absolutely correct. When you purchase devices from us, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty. We can diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot address the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect, we'll send you a remanufactured replacement device (either the same model or one of comparable quality) right to your door.

Lasina_VZW
Follow on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn that you did not receive a message MistaMagoo! I just sent you a follow request. Please confirm and follow me back. Send me a private message with your name and mobile number so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator<<>>

0 Likes
skyworksvideo

Hi! I am also having the issue on two Droid DNAs.  We are both getting SIM card errors, now more frequently than before. Today alone, I had to reboot or turn on/off airplane mode 20+ times. VERY frustrating.  Beyond that, when I tried to use *611, it kept cycling back from enter the last 4 of my social to the My Verizon screen.  I couldn't call *611 or the 800# from my phone which was even more frustrating since I had to do so much to get the phone to accept calls / texts.  Is there a fix for this that will work? I will be taking the phones to Verizon tomorrow to see what they can do, but it is and has been a frustrating issue. Based on the 6+ pages of just this one thread, it seems that there is a bit of knowledge about the problem.

0 Likes
ZoSo72180

Add me to the list of folks having this issue. It's been off and on since March and increasing in frequency. I finally got around to contacting Verizon about it and like many others the offered to replace the SIM card free of charge. I guess I'll try it out and hope the problem is resolved. I asked the customer service rep what next if I still have problems. He said they would replace the phone. I don't really think that this will help since the problem seems to stem from the phone itself. Has anyone had success in getting a different phone altogether?

0 Likes
DannyB___

PEOPLE I FIXED MINE!

I have not have had one single error since I did this. Stop complaining and try it! It's common sense...

I agree that HTC should do something about it but here is the fix:

** Original Post from July 17th **

I think I fixed mine!

I bought mine back in 12/12, never had an issue until 3/13 and then again in 4/13. In June of 2013, I started to have the "no SIM" problem 2-4 times a day. The difference? Before I was carrying the phone on a belt clip, in June, the clip broke and I started carrying in my pocket. Cleaned the contacts on the SIM, it worked for a couple of weeks and the problem returned.

I then started to think dust/dirt issue. I removed the SIM, cleaned with contact cleaner (this cleans and lubricates the surface, Radio Shack stuff) added two layers of scotch tape to the back to make it thicker and push the SIM CARD against the contacts firmer, reinserted in the phone and placed a small piece of tape over the SIM cover to prevent dust from getting in.

It has been three weeks now with zero problems, let's see how long this will last...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Hey, c'mon, nobody here wants to hear how to actually fix the problem, they just want something to complain about.

0 Likes
lj337

I'm having the exact same problem (can show screen shots of the error messages as proof) and I've only had the phone for about 5 month.  I have to restart my phone like 5-10 times per day and I never know whether my phone is able to receive calls or emails when it's in my pocket.  It pretty much makes the entire device a large screen version of an iPod touch at random times throughout the day. 

Given that this is the only phone I have in my apartment, it's also kinda concerning that I'd potentially have to restart my phone to call 911 in an emergency.  Nothing like watching someone break into your house while you're staring at a SIM card error screen on your only connection to the outside world.

What can we do?

-Lee

0 Likes