Droid DNA Sim Card Error
leila23ma

I know that this error is common with the DNA however it is extremely inconvenient and unfair when we have to pay our bill and the phone gets that error and drops service constantly. It is like Im paying for service that I can't even use. I went to our local verizon and asked about putting a different sim card in and they said it wouldn't really help. Does anyone know when this glitch may be fixed or if it is even being worked on?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid DNA Sim Card Error
GVT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tell them you demand a new SIM card.  I found a new one resolved my issues with not getting the current PRL, which impacted my roaming abilities.  If you call tech support, you may encounter what I did, until I finally had enough, and was connected to much higher level techs that finally said pick up a new SIM card.  I suspect Verizon simply does not want to bother giving you a new one, as they don't make money in the deal.

0 Likes
leila23ma

I'll have to try that because now it's doing it at least once a day. Thank you.

0 Likes
GVT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you post your results - does a new SIM card work ?  From what I've been told by some techs, it can mean the world of difference in the operation of the phone if it is doing what it is supposed to do.

0 Likes
SLRoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what its worth my DNA just started dropping calls within the last few days also showing a SIM card error.  And so another cellphone issue adventure begins.  Too bad, I really liked the DNA up to this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SLRoss,

We want you to love your Droid DNA just as much as we love you. It saddens me to see that you have a frown face for the DNA. Well have no worries as I am here to change that all around. Let's get these dropped calls taken care of once and for all. May I ask what city, state, and zip code are you in? First, I want to verify that there isn't any network enhancements that may be affecting your service. Also, have you had the sim card exchanged already? If not then I would like to diagnose the device with the original sim card first. If you can be so kind as to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a brief summary of the issue then I can begin an investigation for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dnalovehate

Hello I have the same issue.  Vzone has replaced my SIM card which did nothing.  My phone says no SIM card usually 3 to 20 times a day.  I'm quite frustrated. The lady who I bought ny phone from told me that there are no known issues.  Then when I went back the other day she told me its a well known issue and her sons dna does the exact same thing and hes had it since December. I was told they will give me a refurbished phone. I'm not happy with this at all.  When they gave me the new SIM card it was within the 14 day period to get a new phone or switch to an iPhone.  I would like to know if there's anything that can be done to correct this issue.  I feel I was lied to so the salesman would get s higher comission.  I need this phone to have service constantly for work.  Please reply to me as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
HawkMultimedia

I think it's funny that a customer service rep replied in this thread... not to the question from the original poster, but to someone that left a bad review of the phone. Guess what I'm getting ready to do... oh, wait, I can't, they've already discontinued it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having SIM card issues is no fun dnalovehate, especially 3-20 times a day. If you continue to have this issue, we can definitely replace the phone but with a certified like new device. These devices go through a 100 point check and sometimes work just as great as a new phone. Let's get you a working phone so that you can continue to enjoy your service with us. You can contact us here with a private message or by phone at 1-800-922-0204.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Constomy

I was having the same problem,  so I called a Verizon rep and they told me that they're working in a software fix in a future update.... Lol i told them that this was unacceptable and that when this happens I can't even dial 911!Long story short they're sending me a free galaxy note 2, which is too bad because I freaking loved my dna... When it worked:-(  On the positive side at least I'll burn some extra calories carrying that bad boy around:-)

0 Likes