Re: Droid DNA Sim Card Error
davetech

this issue with the sim card is not a VZW issue but a HTC issue with the sim card door being made incorrectly. if you call HTC they well send a different one. The most problems were from the first run of the phones. mine included. you can put the phone in airplane mode and then turn that off after a few seconds and it should come back with signal. if the phone is bumped or dropped causing the sim card to move is what causes the problem.

0 Likes
pogo1973

In response to your message to another customer. Let me recount my experience.

I purchased the DNA in May.  I should have known there was a problem when they had to install 5-6  different simm cards in my phone before I left the store. Said they had a  bad batch of simm cards. After the 14 day period, I started having the No Simm card error show up, multiple times per day, including during conversations. The first time I went in, the customer service person replaced the simm card, and told me that all I really needed to do was re-seat the simm card to correct the problem. Really? During a phone call? When the problem continued, I went in and pressed the issue and received a replacement (refurbished) phone. Received the replacement on July 5. Everything was fine until last week and now I am getting the No Simm card error again. Typically 3-5 times per day. I am really getting fed up. It is not unusual for my calls to be worth $12,000 - $25,000 dollars each. I can't afford this kind of service. I work at Northwest Nazarene University and we have corporately been with Verizon since the late 90's. I will be talking with our folks here on campus about these issues.

Mike

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
travisbundo

I have encountered similar conflicts since I bought this phone the week it came out.  I work in the IT field so immediately I asked my local Verizon store if there was any known manufacturer conflicts involving the SIM Card.  They said no and suggested the SIM Card be reseated.  The conflict continued and I returned to the store, asking my original question regarding any known conflicts with the SIM Card, same response and they suggested we replace the SIM Card.  Conflict unresolved, roughly a week passed and I returned.  I spoke with the manager and he suggested that I contacted HTC directly to work on getting the issue resolved.  ArnettH_VZW, I have added you, if you could please do the same in return.  I would be glad to send you a paragraph further detailing this bothersome issue.  I want to note that over the last couple of weeks, this conflict has worsened with this occurring at least 18 times a day and rendering my phone useful for roughly 50% of my day as it appears restarting my phone does not temporarily resolve the conflict as it did at times before.

0 Likes
epyon528

wow! I traded my perfectly fine iPhoe 4s for this??? hahaha well what I have notice is ... THIS PHONE WILL NOT HAVE any signal/service to make calls (911) if your SIM is not active. Meaning if you insert a sim that is not 'CURRENT' with verizon, it will not give you signal. YOU CAN'T make emergency calls... and it keeps looping with that "Preparing SIM Card" and slowing your phone and quitting you out of your running applications. I think this is a software problem, but who knows. I tried OLD sims (which were under my account) and none of them worked. It would try to connect to the verizon network but it would just keep on turning on and off the radio... So I took my SIM from my perfectly working Galaxy S4 and went to My Verizon and "activated/switch" device and activated the DNA. And WOLA! it's working fine. There's something creepy about this. Is Verizon using VoIP with the DNA? lol

>>Profanity removed<<

0 Likes
rforce1024

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

0 Likes
notbad

Ugh. It's not exactly comforting to know I'm not alone with this issue. I've been getting SIM card errors on my HTC DNA for several months now; too many of those errors were at extremely inconvenient times to say the least. Restarts worked occasionally. Updates didn't help. It's frustrating because I'm wasting my money - money on a phone that's not working properly and money on service I can't always use - and I can't afford to replace it right now. The real shame is that otherwise I really like the phone.

0 Likes
MSECgirl

I'm having the same problem and I'm frustrated! I am unable to make phone calls for hours throughout the day. Restarts sometimes help. What is the solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there MSECgirl,

It is incredibly important that your phone is working correctly! I'm sorry to learn that you're having similar concerns. Have we had the opportunity to replace your sim card? We can ship one out to you for free or you can pick one up for free at a corporate Verizon Wireless store location. Find a store here http://bit.ly/3SdsA

What software version are you running? http://vz.to/1gFeXx1

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
travisbundo

I switched from Sprint to Verizon to purchase this phone specifically and what a mistake.  The support at my local Verizon store has been extremely sub par and the Verizon Online Community support for me personally has been non existent.  I made a post 5 weeks ago and a response would be appreciated, but not expected based on what I've seen out of Verizon so far.  This phone has been out for almost an entire year now.  This conflict should have been detected and resolved prior to going into production, or within the first few weeks after launch at the very least.  Please give me a justification of why I spent $250 on this phone, and continue to pay $100 a month for 24 months for a phone that is rendered useless 1/2 of the time?

0 Likes
azwethinkweiz18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this "No SIM Card detected" problem on my Droid DNA for months - usually only about 10% of the day I could actually make phone calls or use the 4G network. Luckily I mainly use it for WiFi....

After reading lots of posts like these I saw that some people had been successful getting a new SIM card tray from HTC.

I contacted HTC and they were very nice and sent me a new SIM card tray within 2 days. I installed the new tray yesterday and so far I have had no SIM card errors!

I'm crossing my fingers that the errors don't come back, and I"ll repost if they do.

0 Likes