Re: Droid DNA Sim Card Error
Paul66

Hey Mr. VWCS dude. You're going to replace our devices with a used one that "SOMETIMES work just as great as a new phone?" That's completely unacceptable considering most of our phones are less than 14 days old (mine I'd less than 7) and this is a KNOWN issue. Fix YOUR problem with a software push or replace our new phones with NEW phones - or watch us go to another carrier (all of whom are going to offer the HTC One).

And here's my frown face to get your attention 😞

0 Likes
jverge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Their software fix for this problem came out in mid-April.  I installed the update and just last week the error was back (I hadn't had a problem since late January).  So keep trying Verizon... maybe you'll get it fixed before my contract is up!  LOL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jverge, Let's get this fixed right now! We have seen many users have success with the new update. I would like to review your warranty options in more detail. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your account information to me. I am eager to finally find a resolution!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
tideman72

I had the problem all the way up until the update. I downloaded the update when it came out. Well as of a few days ago, the error came back. This is irritating. If this doesn't get fixed or I can get a different dna or something, I will go somewhere else. I am tired of paying for service and using a phone that I miss lots of calls and texts from because of this error. Restarting the phone is a pain every time it does this.

>> minor editing <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jverge
Enthusiast - Level 2

From my post on this bulletin board Verizon contacted me about the problem and offered to swap out my phone for a refurbished DNA.  I took them up on the offer. Before sending my old phone back, I put the replacement phone through its paces (you get 5 days).  Besides having a little more software I can't uninstall, everything is working fine (battery life is still great, sound/call quality till great, etc) but most importantly I haven't had the SIM card error.  If it comes back I will post back here.  Overall I am very impressed that Verizon was proactive in my case and contacted me to swap out the phone.  So I would contact them and ask them for a "new" DNA.

0 Likes
thwolf

I've had my Droid DNA for three days and now I also am getting this error 3-10 times a day.  Frustrated... 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a good plan of Action there could be a flaw in the first or second Run of these phones Causing the error taking the phone back to the store or having one sent out might be the way to go..

0 Likes
exp13

Been dealing w/the SIM card issue for 5 of the 6 mos I've owned this phone.  Finally getting a refurb as well this week after swapping out the SIM twice.  Fingers crossed.  What a shame VZ and HTC won't take ownership of this issue.  Its a great phone.

0 Likes
exp13

''Sometimes'' work as good as a new phone?  Really?  Did u read what u typed before u pressed the post button?  I can't honestly believe I stumbled across this post only 24 hours after I requested a replacement phone!  U had no problem taking my money 6mos ago for a NEW phone so u should b ashamed at the fact that u are shipping me second-rate equipment as a replacement.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well sometimes when a new phone comes out there can be issues that just linger's on some small some large).  Case in point the first Incredible a phone that was love by Many me included because of it's size and the Camera.. Made it a Great phone but it had a Flaw and it Took many of the them being returned back to the stores, allot of customers were upset but hung on to them). I finally hung onto my Last one but i basically went through 5,, 3 were from the connecting issue the 4th one was DOA out of the Box and on the 5th and final one it worked but it also had the same issue of the first 3 i previously had..). 

So after 4 phones that i went through the 5 one didn't count but i shouldn't had to went through any). What was The issue it was in the Connecting part of the phone to Network and or staying Connected to it What was HTC's solution at that time shut the phone and re-start it up basically they were trying to pitch off the issue.. But they could have fixed in the early days of the phone's existence. why they took so long to address it i think they thought it wasn't a issue..

But they finally realized the long standing issue but it was only after I and a T-3 tech Worked together and proved to HTC there was a problem.. They kicked out a solution to fix it and sent out the Update with in a few days of receiving the Trouble Ticket from the T-3 tech for me and many others it was kind of like Christmas because for the first time i had my phone working as it should have in the first place and i wasn't having to go back N fourth to the Store.. Asking for a Solution to fix it.. b33

0 Likes