Re: Droid DNA SIM card issue--I want to be issued a completely different phone.
dbduke

Update: Replacement phone started producing the SIM card error after less than 2 weeks.  Its happened twice in the past 2 days.  Going to see about getting a different phone from HTC now.  Will report back.

0 Likes
tam_gsmpalaw

I spoke with Verizon customer service online the other day and am attempting to do so again. The rep was helpful and walked me through the same steps mentioned in other posts, but the same errors persist and seem to have worsened. My wife and I both have the phones, so it is even worse having to deal with it on both.

It is ridiculous that Verizon won't do anything about it. It is a known issue, and regardless of the fact they try to chalk it up to operator error or damaged phones, they should own up and replace the phones with something similar that actually works.

Also, trying to chat again with a representative, but it is very helpful that none are available and there is no email contact information. I'm at work and can't exactly use my cell phone to call customer service when I have the SIM card error. lol at calling customer service to report that my phone won't make calls. That seems like a good plan.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon customer service suggests that you call from a different phone if you are calling to report an issue.

0 Likes
jcmcmanj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any update on being able to get a completely phone?? (fingers crossed that you were able to!!)

ps. the second rep that I chatted with sent me a new sim card and I basically asked what if this doesnt fix the problem (I'm unable to get I new DNA bc of a small crack) and he stated:
"Matt: If it continues we can see about other options including our certified devices and other alterntiaves."

So if HTC won't do anything it is a possibility that verizon can. I know that the first rep I spoke to didn't state anything about "other options" but now that I have a trascripted stating this from a verizon rep, its very possible that we could get them to issue a completely different phone.

0 Likes
RiggityRow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with you, sir.  I am also having major issues with this problem and I actually started another thread about it before I saw yours: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/981648#981648

Let's hope Verizon/HTC can get it together and fix this!

0 Likes
dudie7

My time with Verizon may be just about up.  I have the same issue with the phone and after the Verizon rep told me they hadn't really heard of many issues with the phone (while I'm sitting here reading about them online and on THEIR SITE, no less.), my patience just got that much shorter.  They don't allow you to just select something new and I'm not about to play the refurb game (I went through about 4 Thunderbolts before I got this phone).  I figure it'll probably be cheaper to just cancel the contract and trade the phone in with another carrier and get something that works.  It sucks because I love Verizon's service but dealing with these phone issues has pushed me to the brink.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dudie7 wrote:

My time with Verizon may be just about up.  I have the same issue with the phone and after the Verizon rep told me they hadn't really heard of many issues with the phone (while I'm sitting here reading about them online and on THEIR SITE, no less.), my patience just got that much shorter.  They don't allow you to just select something new and I'm not about to play the refurb game (I went through about 4 Thunderbolts before I got this phone).  I figure it'll probably be cheaper to just cancel the contract and trade the phone in with another carrier and get something that works.  It ***** because I love Verizon's service but dealing with these phone issues has pushed me to the brink.

Contact HTC and get a replacement SIM card tray. That seems to have helped a number of users.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TheRican

Just continue to make Verizon send you new phones. 

Cost them as much money as possible is what I say    

0 Likes
frustratedwithverizo2

Same problem.  Same experience.

0 Likes
rforce1024

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes