Re: Droid DNA Problem, No SIM card error
Maxhunter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, I would be that lawsuit if I were interested in suing.  I lost the use of my legs last Wednesday due to spinal damage, and was unable to call 911 to get an ambulance.  I got through for a moment, but was cut off by the SIM card error.  I had to crawl across the floor to get to a computer and get on Google Chat to ask a friend to call for help for me.

Really horrible that I had to get put through this traumatic experience because somebody at HTC or Verizon decided they didn't want to pay for quality control.

jverge
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was a new update on my phone today from Verizon.  The update is supposed to be for better recognition of the SIM card.  Hopefully this is the fix we have all been waiting for.  I haven't had a SIM card issue since the end of January (knock on wood) ever since I took it out and carefully re-seated the card in the tray being extra careful to seat the card perfectly in the tray.  I hope this fixes the problem.  Otherwise, I am very happy with my DNA phone.

0 Likes
wvarmyguard

I got the idea from a post on this thread of using tape. I taped the sim card to the sim card tray and then neatly trimmed the excess tape off, so that it will fit perfectly back in.  After doing this, I have not had a single error and it has been two months now. Prior to this fix, I received the error at least once to multiple times a day. Hope this works for you! 

0 Likes
jverge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the latest update did not fix my problem.  After not getting the error since January my phone has been getting the SIM card not found error.  Sometimes it fixes itself (maybe that is what the update is for, to just reset the SIM card) but other times it is persistent and I need to reboot.  Oh well.

0 Likes
bradsdaman

I just switched to Verizon from Sprint on 3/1/13.  I am a staunch supporter of Android, and HTC hardware.  So, there was little choice for me other than the DNA.  I really like this phone but the SIM card issue is borderline crippling.  I am really disappointed that HTC and/or Verizon would rush a product to market that has such a debilitating, widespread issue.  I have to believe that if we all have this problem it would not have been hard to find in beta testing.  Seeing as we have already had a software update that was supposed to fix the problem, I am starting to think they knew about it all along, and decided they would ignore it for release and try fixing it later.  Considering that the phone has been out for over 5 months (released 11/21/12 and its now 5/3/13), and most phones have a lifespan of 1-2 years, I think we can assume that quality is far from these companies top priority.  I personally would never consider an iPhone, but I can respect the fact that stability and dependability are two cornerstones that have created such a loyal fan base.

Now to step off my soap box.  I have a coworker who used to sell and service cell phones.  She said to try cleaning off the SIM card with a regular pencil eraser; this will clean off any waxy buildup that is known to occur, and cannot do any harm (worst case it won't do anything).  She also said to make sure I was on the LTE/CDMA network; it looks like the last update switched me to the global network.

I did these two things and so far, so good.  Before I did this, the phone would go straight to the error status and wouldn't even connect to the network.  It may be that I reseated the SIM card in the process, but I guess time will tell. 

For the record, there are scratches on my SIM card, and this is the first time I have removed it.  I definitely think this is at least partly a hardware issue.  For all I know it may also be software related.

My apologies if someone has already posted this advise, I was not about to read through 15 pages of comments.  For the Record: VERIZON AND HTC, THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY FIGURE OUT A WAY TO DEFINITIVELY FIX THIS!!!  HTC is a small company in an extremely competitive market, releasing shoddy products will NOT help you win market share (same goes to you too Verizon)!!!

I hope this helps some of you.  Like I said, it can only help, and cannot hurt.  Good luck to all of us!

>> Edited to remove profanity <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
boopa

most of us having this shit issue. self-fish service providers both HTC n Verizon. they are just protecting their business and ignoring customer satisfaction.

I strong recommend that we group together and quit Verizon at same day. that may to they take it serious n real consider what customers want.

0 Likes
supercrewdude

I had the no SIM card a few times before the update, but it's begun to have it more now than before. It's the only issue I have thus far. Great phone when it's working.

0 Likes
timmsc

Following up again...A couple of weeks ago, Verizon pushed out a software fix thats seems like it is supposed to address this issue. http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/droiddna.html  "Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, 2.06.605.1 710RD, for your Droid DNA. Improvements have been made to SIM card detection." I have not had any issues since this update.

0 Likes
karlyamashita

I just got a message today that there is a new update for SIM card issues. This is a second update for SIM card issues. I haven't had any issues with my SIM card since I got my phone in December. I have no choice but to take the update or i'll keep getting the stupid pop up. I wish there was a way to not to accept the update.

0 Likes
exp13

I've contacted VZ and HTC each 2x via phone/email.  Got some Cache partition steps to take in an email response which didn't work.  I had the SIM replaced twice by the unimpressive staff at the Verizon Store and now I have a refurb on its way to me after calling tech support and demanding it.  This has all been going on for 5 of the 6 months I've owned the phone.  And oh yes, the OTA update....kept me problem free for about two weeks.  I'm shocked by the amazing lack of ownership on this issue from both HTC and Vz.  Fix the damn phone guys OR pull it off the market!  Its unsafe to be carrying a phone that randomly drops off the network!

0 Likes