Droid 4 reboots & service loss?
hardheaded

Anybody else having issues with a droid 4 losing service and rebooting frequently?

I've had three separate issues with this phone over the last few days (3-4).

1) Phone lost phone service.  Rebooted the phone and phone service was restored. The second time, I noticed that the phone had no idea what it was or what network it should be connecting to.

2) Phone got hot.  Noticed that it was warm in my pants pocket.  Pulled it out & it felt way too hot.  Powered down the phone & powered it back up.  Other than being mostly discharged, things seemed ok.

3) Phone reboots on its own.  The second time I lost phone service, I rebooted to no avail.  Left the phone alone for a while & it rebooted twice.  Then I powered it off for a while then powered it up again.  Still no service.  Interestingly, the wifi seemed to be fine.  After a bit, the phone rebooted again & now I seem to have service again.

A common issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 reboots & service loss?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hardheaded,

I realize the importance of having an operable device and I'm here to help! What is your current zip code? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Do you experience the issue while using a certain function of the device? Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage?  Try placing your phone into safe-mode and see if you still experience the problem:http://bit.ly/S2ot6B . Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
johnandroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

The loss of signal thing happens to me several times a day, regularly, and has for months.  I don't get random reboots.  However, the battery has literally expanded out so much that the back cover literally doesn't fit on anymore.  Anybody else have that issue?

0 Likes
akatoast

I am also having the same issues, this has been going on since the ICS update. After speaking with VZW techs, it seems they want me to contact Motorola and solve my own problem. Guess, losing another customer is not that important to them. Now it seems that my only choice is to pick from the many other service providers. Oh well.

0 Likes