Droid 4 keeps resetting itself??
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last week my Droid 4 is continually resetting itself. And it's not when I do any particular action, but some actions I have noticed is when I receive a text message, look at a text message, checking email, making a call, and just about any other action possible. Earlier I was listening to music and switched songs and it reset itself. Anyone having this issue or know of a solution? I'm thinking of doing a factory reset, I just hate doing that; especially if it isn't going to make a difference. I have tried uninstalling the most recent installed apps, although I hadn't installed any when it started doing it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 keeps resetting itself??
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kamryn,

If you haven't already done a system cache clear, try that before the factory reset.  You won't lose any of your data or settings, and it seems to help for a time.  My Droid 4 restarts randomly too, and this does stop the behavior, for a week or two.  When it starts acting flaky, I do the system cache clear again.

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I will give that a try.

0 Likes
Kamryn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well that didn't work either..guess I will try the factory reset and if that don't work, then off to the Verizon store

0 Likes