Droid 4 - Setting Up Corporate Exchange
mobilemiker

The directions for setting up the Corporate Sync email on the Verizon site is not correct.  After several hours of searching, I found the correct reference deep on the Motorola site under Droid 4. The bottom line is that you need to add a fake current account in order to get to the correct corporate screens.  See below the cut and paste from the Motorola site.

If you need to manually setup your corporate sync with account details such as user name, server name, etc. We suggest the following:

1. Open up My Accounts application from application tray or through your Menu > Settings
  2. Tap Add account
  3. Tap Corporate Sync
  4. Your Corporate exchange account settings will be displayed
  5. To access the manual set-up options for Exchange account, temporarily use a Gmail email, Yahoo email, AOL email or a different email account (account you use does not need to be active) on the first screen for the corporate sync account setup
    •     
  6. On the second screen that appears, additional fields will be displayed
  7. Change the username and password to the correct credentials for the Exchange email account.  Also enter the domain name and server name
  8. After the account has been validated, go to the Main Home screen and click on the Menu key > Settings > Accounts, look for the new account that was just created; it will have the same name of the account that was used to start this setup process (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.).
  9. Select the correct account name; then tap on General Settings and change the account name to the correct name for your Exchange account followed by tapping on OK.

Note: We're aware of this issue and will be looking to correct this in a future software release, please watch for update notifications periodically.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 - Setting Up Corporate Exchange
johenkel

Thanks.

Was not aware of any wrong info.

I have two corporate accounts on my Droid4. Had previously a Droid1 and although a bit different the setup went okay.

Thanks anyway !

Smiley Happy

0 Likes