Droid 4 Pics and Specifications Circulating.
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

This is interesting. I posted a topic a week or so ago titled Droid 3-'How Long Will it be Around' or something like that. Lo an behold, pics of the replacement, Droid 4, were widely circulated yesterday. It strongly resembles Verizon's upcoming Droid Razr with a nifty hardware keyboard.  I guess that's why the Droid 3 never got it's own forum, because it won't be on the market for that long....I hope Verizon has an upgrade program for those who bought a Droid 3. The Droid 4 is LTE capable and has better camera's and better specs in general. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Pics and Specifications Circulating.
Wildman
Legend

Lets be realistic, no device is normally on the market for log, it has because a regular for a device to last about 6 months before the device is a lost intrest, as for it not getting its own area i just think they grouped it with the devices that basically the same with a few changes, there is no reason to make a new area for a device that all the same issues and info had been already discussed on the previous devices thread..   Basically when a device is released they have already started on a replacement, this is just how technology works..

All devices have a twin in another device from the same manufactor, there really isnt many features that makes the device unique..

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Pics and Specifications Circulating.
Droiddudeaz
Enthusiast - Level 2

You wrote 'All devices have a twin in another device from the same manufacturer there really isn't many features that makes the device unique'.....if that were the case, there wouldn't have to be any Verizon forums I guess. My sticking point is that the Bionic got a forum dedicated to IT the week it came out. It looks like a modified Droid X with 4G and a slightly thinner shape. The Droid 3 was a clean sheet break with the Droid and Droid 2 and never got a forum. Most phones are on the market 9 - 12 months before they're replaced, with some exceptions, of course. The Droid 3 has been on the market for about 15 weeks and already had a major software update. 

You wrote 'I just think they grouped it with the device that basically the same with a few changes', the D3 is a clean sheet redesign, it shares nothing with the outgoing Droid 2 Global, it has a new case, keyboard, larger screen with different display technology, a new camera and the understructure is all new. The Droid 2 is a facelifted version of the original Droid with a better keyboard and a bigger processor. The main body of the case is the same and it takes the same battery etc. I can see grouping the Droid and Droid 2 together. The logic on your thoughts about the Droid 3 escape me, with no disrespect intended.

0 Likes