Droid 4 Exchange problems
dillonh

Ok, so I have been trying for the past couple hours to set up my Exchange email on my Droid 4 without any luck it always says "Couldn't finish. Can't connect to server." After Googling everything I could think of I've posted this question any solutions?Screenshot_2012-08-30-19-50-52.pngthis is what comes up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Exchange problems
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Some of my coworkers are having this same problem after the ICS update, so I'm interested in a solution, as well.

dbriere
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

contact your exchange administrator

0 Likes
tylerraffeo

Stop

(J.R.) Johnny  (deleted personal and phone number information to comply with VZW ToS)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
dbriere
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was my first stop. There is really not much here to work with. There are only a few fields. We tried a few things, but this worked before the Ice Cream update and now it does not.  The configurations are the same.  I deleted my account and tried to create a new one, and the server access issues are the same there.  My other devices still access the server just fine -- it's just my Android 4 Droid 4 that is having issues.

0 Likes
whocares256

I had the same issue setting up my work (exchange sever) email on my droid 4 after the update from 2.2.3 to 4.0.4. The workaround is you have to provision exchange over WiFi and then after it is setup it will work over 4g. I have not tested this on 3g. When Verizon sent out the update, my exchange e mail did not carry over.

0 Likes
Thunderlizard

I was able to sync after the update but the service was very spotty.  It would only "push" sporatically. I would go a day or two without anything, then all of the sudden I would get dumped.  Or I would have to sync manually.  I got so frustrated with it, I switched back to Touchdown (had a paid license from before) and I haven't missed an email since.

It's a shame that a supposed "upgrade" ends up breaking something pretty essential, that used to work fine.  Time for an update to the update...I think...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dillonh,

It looks like we will have to complete a master reset on the device. Here are the steps to complete the reset.

1. From a home screen, select Apps.
2. Select Settings.
If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select .
3. Select Factory Data Reset.
4. Select Reset phone (bottom of screen).
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.
5. Select Erase Everything.
Allow up to 3 minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
6. Follow the steps on the screen to complete initial activation.

Thank you,
NidiaA_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Robert-in-PFNC

I know this is almost a year old, but I just got a Droid 4 and had the same problem for a few minutes - until I downloaded my tech support flyer on syncing with the exchange server.  Nothing so drastic as the factory reset.  First, you need to put your domain name before the /username.  You may have to find that out from your IT tech support people.  Then, another place will ask for the server.  In may case, the mobile use required using a webmail server rather than the usual in-house server that is indicated after the @ in my email address.  Hope this helps anyone else who encounters this problem.  It's a simple fix if you know what to put in those blanks.

0 Likes