Droid 3G issues
jmikrut

For the past day or two I have been having horribly spotty 3G/1G coverage for my Droid. It will work for about 3-4 seconds, update my G-mail then the phone mysteriously resets. I've powered down multiple times and turned on/off airplane mode, Wi-fi, etc. I'm considering doing a factory reset, but would prefer not to. I'm in the heart of Chicago, so coverage shouldn't be an issue, it is something with the programming / Verzion network. Right now it has full bars for regular phone operations, but even with a signal strength of -60 it won't pick up any 3G/1G coverage. If anyone has suggestions, I am open to them. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3G issues
budone
Legend

I wonder if it is a tower issue. Does it occur all around the city?

0 Likes
jmikrut

For the most part I am in and around the downtown area and have not been able to pick up a 3G/1G signal at all this morning.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Next time you're in a spotty area, dial *228 option 2. Let know if that helps the coverage.

0 Likes
ZooMob

I have been having the same issues lately where I live. The phone would show 4 bars and then all of a sudden show 1 bar with the 1X.

I called Verizon about a month ago about this issue and they had me take the battery out and do the *228 item which fixed it then but its happening again. Not sure what is going on but its very annoying. I have trying removing extra programs from my phone but not sure why its happening.

I tried the *228 last night and hit option 2 but it did not fix it.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

If you are located anywhere near Long Beach, CA, we have had reports of signal issues and a ticket has been issued. No current ETA.

0 Likes
ZooMob

Thanks - I am about 80 miles from Long Beach

0 Likes
jmikrut

I have done the *228 option 2 probably 20 or so times now. The constant issue is that the phone refuses to try connecting for 3G or 1G and the Mobile Network State is constantly disconnected. Occasionally when I keep the phone off for an hour or more or connect to a wireless spot for and hour then flip the phone back it will start looking for the 3G network and will sometimes connect. However, more often then not, once it connects, within 5 minutes the phone freezes and auto restarts, thereby losing any advanced network connection. I really wish there was just a manual way to force the phone to look for the network instead of it assuming not to connect.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

In your settings > Network Selection > Default Setup, gives you the options of Automatic or Manual. You can use the search now to search for the networks in the area.

0 Likes
UFdroid

It's the hand position on the phone that blocks the antennae. See other posts that describes this.  I tried it and it works.  You can check your signal strength at Settings> About Phone > Network . -100 to -90 not so good, -90 to -80 OK, etc.  Try not touching it, then picking it up.  You can see the signal strength decreases when in your palm.  I hope a fix is coming out soon.

0 Likes