Droid 3
dcnixson

Have a Droid 3 phone and having trouble adding my email acct...gives me "Login failed" msg.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3
beikerbeth

<Post deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, dcnixson,

Sorry you are having problems setting up an email account.  I have heard of users having your problem.  Most of the time, it is a problem with the email server and usually is fixed after a while.  Do you have any other email accounts on your device now?  If so, are they working ok?  If this is the first time you set up an account, you may want to first make sure you have the latest software for your device, which is 5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US.  You can also find help setting up different types of accounts on your Droid 3 at

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5676&m=

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

What type of account are you trying to log into.  Yahoo? Gmail? AOL? Time Warner? MobileMe/iCloud?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dcnixson!

It's no fun when you can't get your emails on your phone when on the go. I've come to get so used to it that I understand how upsetting it can be. Thanks to StreetDocRN for your input! Did his suggestions and/or link resolve the issue for you? Have you tried to get into your email account on your PC? Or do you get the same error when trying? If you get the same error, then I would recommend resetting the password on your email account and then try the app again.

Please let me know if your issue is resolved, so I can make sure you're OK. Thank you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dcnixson

Thank you for checking back with me.  StreetDocRn was not able to help me.  I finally talked with a Level 2 tech at Motorola and she reset my account manually.  I hope I never have to go through that again.

0 Likes