Re: Droid 3, will it get ICS [AKA 4.x or Ice Cream Sandwich] and When?
Tidbits
Legend

So then if you know all this... Then that means you are trolling in this thread. You want a specific emotional response from people and you are not getting it.

0 Likes
apotheosis415
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how Trolling is the world people toss around. The thread is about D3 and ICS.

I expressed my anger in this thread about that. You go on and on about Verizon didnt make it, Moto makes this. I know all that but BOTH have to say OK for it to happen. If Moto says here you go, Verizon will too. Its a mutual thing. Today was the first report of Verizon saying D3 was not on it's list. I JUST registered for Verizon forum today to post about this minutes ago. So I'm guessing if anything you are the big corrector troll who likes to go around showing how smart you are.

People post on forums to see if others feel the same way. If I had said "VERIZON SUCKS AT EVERYTHING. VERIZON IS A BUNCH OF TOOLS, VERIZON IS THE ANTI CHRIST." Then I'd be trolling. But I didn't I love the service area Verizon gives me. But replying to an post about an announcement from today of NOT supporting a device is not trolling. Nor did I ever blame them, I simply said, you have got to be kidding me.

But you sure blew my socks off with your big brains and all that knowledge you dropped on me. I couldn't tell by looking at my phone that its a Motorolla made phone for Verizon. Or how updates roll out. Thanks for that. You sure did a lot of good for all the people out there. Can we give you an award? You deserve one.

Tidbits
Legend

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

You want people to get mad at Verizon without giving the full facts(which falls under the definition of extraneous) which I brought out, and you keep trying to brush aside as if it doesn't matter.

The facts are out now.  If people have a problem without Verizon saying if the Droid 3 will get the update or not they should go to Motorola to get the ball moving.  It all starts with them, and no word from them means Verizon can't say if the D3 will or not.  It's not their call...

FYI I have 2 Droid 3 so before you bring up I probably don't own a Droid 3.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ironically...  If you PAID any attention to what you linked, and read it...  The list is specifically for LTE devices...  Last I looked the Droid 3 isn't an LTE device so it shouldn't be listed...

It also furthers says they will CONTINUE to add to the list throughout there year. So they may add 3G devices to the list or make a whole new list for the 3G devices.

Joy for taking in things without reading all the facts...

Good day Smiley Happy I typed more than I really wanted to in this thread.  Unsubscribed now.

0 Likes
apotheosis415
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jeez man. You obviously don't read what people write. Have you looked into the post from Moto? You know the one I talk refer to as "working on it" in a few posts above, cause if you follow the whole article, it will lead you there. SO before you go claiming people dont read the articles, you may want to read it yourself.

LIke I said, Already have posted on moto. Now I posted on verizon. >Post edited to comply with TOS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

verizonmoderator1

>Reminder to all posting in this thread to keep the comments to the topic at hand and end the name calling or the thread will be locked.

Thank you<

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

apotheosis415 wrote:

Jeez man. You obviously don't read what people write. Have you looked into the post from Moto? You know the one I talk refer to as "working on it" in a few posts above, cause if you follow the whole article, it will lead you there. SO before you go claiming people dont read the articles, you may want to read it yourself.

LIke I said, Already have posted on moto. Now I posted on verizon. >Post edited to comply with TOS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

uhuh...  Go back and read again from a RUMOR fan site...  Which is not official and didn't even bother pointing out that the list was for 4G devices, and it will be updated as new devices make the roster.

As for Motorola update schedule which I am glad you brought up Motorola forums which I do hang out there...

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home for anyone wonder what he's talking about.  I do post there as I have owned Various Motorola devices since the Cliq, Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2.  I do own a lot of other devices as well for work related reasons.  No I do not work for Verizon...

Here is Motorola update schedule list which if you hang around the boards the mods tend to just link it.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home

Now how are they working on the Droid 3?  It is still in the evaluation phase, and not in the DEVELOPMENT phase...  So Verizon has no idea if Motorola is going to update it or not.  So why would they put it in a 4G list(when it's not 4G), and on any other list(Because they don't know until Motorola knows).

Well kudos Smiley Happy

0 Likes
apotheosis415
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont have 10 android phones, I have one I bought less than a year ago. I want this phone to be upgraded to ics. I want a patch to fix the camcorder. Is that too much to ask for?

I wrote the last one juuuust to see if you had actually "unsubscribed." Guess that is rather "person who lives under bridge"-ish. (for the moderator) 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I keep getting a dang email about it.  Tried it again and no dice still get an email...

Like I said... This is a peer to peer forum, and you want a response which you will NEVER get here.

You have to take it up with Motorola as they haven't decided the fate of the Droid 3.  Until they do Verizon can't do a thing as they did not develop, nor is a software company.  Right now you have better odds with Motorola than with Verizon.

0 Likes
chriscashman

Maybe I missed somebody else catching this somewhere in this thread already, but that link showing the devices getting ICS specifically says "4G LTE Devices"  that are getting ICS.   The D3 is not a 4G LTE device, and therefore I would not expect to see it on this list. 

I'm sure there's another complete list somewhere that actually has the D3 on it.  Maybe even the D2.

0 Likes