Droid 3 Unlock permanently
omega9000

Hi

I would like to unlock my Droid 3 permanently..

Let me explain.

When the display times out, the display goes off.

Then if I press the power button, the display lights up and the screen has the date and time in the upper left and in the middle left is a lock icon. One has to swipe the lock icon from left to right to gain access to the desktop. 

Is it possible to the permanently, remove the screen that has the date/ time and lock icon and go directly to directly to the desktop after I press the power button?

How can I do this?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid 3 Unlock permanently
Wildman
Legend

There is not way to disable the lock screen permanently but you should be able to download NoLock from the market and then the only time the lock screen will show is after a reboot but after unlocking that one time the lock screen should stay compressed until next reboot...

Just to make sure you understand what you are asking, if you disable the slide to unlock option if the device wakes in your pocket you have a chance to delete files, call people or change a setting because there wont be anything to restrict screen interaction...   Just figured I would point out the positive and the negitives..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Unlock permanently
Wildman
Legend

There is not way to disable the lock screen permanently but you should be able to download NoLock from the market and then the only time the lock screen will show is after a reboot but after unlocking that one time the lock screen should stay compressed until next reboot...

Just to make sure you understand what you are asking, if you disable the slide to unlock option if the device wakes in your pocket you have a chance to delete files, call people or change a setting because there wont be anything to restrict screen interaction...   Just figured I would point out the positive and the negitives..

0 Likes