Droid 3 Touch Screen Unresponsive
Dysiak

Over the last month, the touch screen on my phone started to slowly become unresponsive. Restarting it helped, as well as sometimes just turning the screen on and off. But rapidly the screen just stopped responding. It works, but touching it wont do anything.

I have tried doing a factory reset, which I thought would help but it didn't work. So I lost most of my saved data, and app data for nothing. Obviously cleaning the screen doesn't work either.

I'm sure a lot of you would say "Well, just go to the verizon store". I could do that, but the problem is I'm on the other side of the world for the next couple months and I can't exactly do that.
So what I'm asking here, is if it's smart to invest money in a new digitizer for the phone, and if that would fix my problem since it's obviously a hardware problem.

Also if you should know, my phone used to be <Comments regarding hacking of device removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.> When I did get the touch screen to work, the phone would sometimes freeze on a screen so would the problem lie beyond just the digitizer?
If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes