Droid 3 Screen Unresponsive to touch
Rayyon

Searched for best answers all night on web. My droid 3 screen will not work by touch. Put phone in "Safe Mode" but still won't respond to touch to unlock screen to access apps. I can power off phone through keyboard. Get phone calls and can't answer them or text. I've tried removing battery. The only screen I get to see other then home screen is the white box that has "Silent Mode", Airplane Mode" "Sleep Mode" Power off Mode" when I press power button, then I can scroll these options with keyboard only. That's it!. Holding down power button and volume buttons on side at same time has no effect on phone. (Hard Reset). No new apps downloaded. Just updates from Verizon. Phone was on table, then shut down. I restarted it and the problem with the screen happened. Battery was full. Last time my phone was dropped was months ago. No problems.

Thanks for any help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 Screen Unresponsive to touch
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

Based on the information that you have provided, if you eliminate the possible suspects (screen protector, case) If the basics don't work, then you likely have a hardware issue or you need the stock OS freshly installed.  That would indicate that you need to send your device to Motorola Repair or try to get the carrier to come up with a solution for you.

0 Likes